Why are you, you?

whats your concept of self spooky?

Good answer!

However my concept of self is really irrelevant to myself. I try to weigh up and consider all possibilities (within reason) and make the best possible decision based on the given evidence. (Also consider I suffer from manic depression and other disorders!)

I've had a lot of trouble (harassment) from an individual over the past couple of years. The people close to me cannot understand how I can tell them of certain events, but also defend him at the same time. But I can always say, i'm just being truthful, even if it's to my disadvantage.

Now, please would you expand more?

when people become self aware or love oneself is to be aware of the purpose of one's life and the potential by which this is to be achived

According to whom, at what point does this happen, is it always for good?

Because, say a toddler shows awareness of self by wiping a mark off it's face that it's seen in a mirror, does that toddler know it's purpose in life from then on?

Are you saying everything that is done by everybody over a certain age (or point of self awareness) is part of their purpose in life.

Are you suggesting everybody was placed here for a purpose?

I've studied most religions in this world at one point or another and my favourite (or one I can find most sense in) is Buddhism. Even having read and contemplated "Sangharakshlta" (ignore the spelling mistake!), I still believe there is no point to life, whether your aware of it or not. If you then make a choice, that is up to you and your collective memories and interpretations.

but who art thou ,who lurking in the dark of night,

stumbles upon my most secret thoughts.

Never mind quoting (even if not citing them) Shakespeare.

Without reading the context, as stated back when this thread was on topic, that's your ego, super ego, id and super id reasoning with themselves.

Good answer!

However my concept of self is really irrelevant to myself. I try to weigh up and consider all possibilities (within reason) and make the best possible decision based on the given evidence. (Also consider I suffer from manic depression and other disorders!)

I've had a lot of trouble (harassment) from an individual over the past couple of years. The people close to me cannot understand how I can tell them of certain events, but also defend him at the same time. But I can always say, i'm just being truthful, even if it's to my disadvantage.

Now, please would you expand more?

Because, say a toddler shows awareness of self by wiping a mark off it's face that it's seen in a mirror, does that toddler know it's purpose in life from then on?

Are you saying everything that is done by everybody over a certain age (or point of self awareness) is part of their purpose in life.

Are you suggesting everybody was placed here for a purpose?

I've studied most religions in this world at one point or another and my favourite (or one I can find most sense in) is Buddhism. Even having read and contemplated "Sangharakshlta" (ignore the spelling mistake!), I still believe there is no point to life, whether your aware of it or not. If you then make a choice, that is up to you and your collective memories and interpretations.

yes I will expand more but not now its 1 40 in the morning where I am,theres a lightning storm and monsoon rain outside. i'am half cut on a pint of rum guinnesse and carnation milk "an old voodoo drink" ;and theres somebody knocking at the door:suspect:hopfully bringing me my bed time pipe of opium:)

Archived