Why are you, you?

I suppose you have to distinguish between choosing not to share and not having learnt the behaviour in the first place.

But it is also down to the teacher and of course there are other factors to take in to account like brain development. I know many people with Asperger Syndrome who still dont understand the simple concept of what goes around comes around.

But it is also down to the teacher and of course there are other factors to take in to account like brain development. I know many people with Asperger Syndrome who still dont understand the simple concept of what goes around comes around.

But it doesn't always!

Also the way that you are brought up and the people that you are brought up with also influences whether or not you learn to share.

I was like an only child as my brother is 14 years older than me so he wasnt around at all when I was a toddler as he started work at the age of 15.

I dint go to a nursery and didnt have any friends at least until I was about 7 or 8.

I have learnt that sharing is important but that doesnt mean that I find it easy to do.

What doesnt?

.... what goes around comes around.

There's people who get away with stuff all their lives.

Some cultures still believe in forms of slavery for instance...

What you say is a good teaching tactic, however it's not scientifically true!

So you dont agree then that (generally) if you help others or spread a little hospitality that this is likely to be offered back, eventually to yourself.

I know that there are no guarantees but I mean in general.

It is the same concept as if I am nice to people( say on the telephone when I want to get something sorted), I have more chance of getting it sorted than if I swear at them.I know this is not always the case but (usually) you get where you get because of the way that you treat people.

So you dont agree then that (generally) if you help others or spread a little hospitality that this is likely to be offered back, eventually to yourself.

I know that there are no guarantees but I men in general.

It is the same concept as if I am nice to people( say on the telephone when I want to get something sorted), I have more chance of getting it sorted than if I swear at them.I know this is not always the case but (usually) you get where you get because of the way that you treat people.

My answer was nothing to do with my belief and actions, but moreover what happens in the real world.

Q. If one of your asperger clients, says hits you, how do demonstrate "what goes around, comes around"?

My answer was nothing to do with my belief and actions, but moreover what happens in the real world.

Q. If one of your asperger clients, says hits you, how do demonstrate "what goes around, comes around"?

Well I certainly wouldnt hit them back as I can understand their anxieties and frustrations.I would try to help them to understand that their actions are inappropriate and that they were not acceptable to me.I would stress that there are consequences to that kind of behaviour and that if they went around doing that to someone not as understanding as I then they may get the same thing back to them!, ie what goes around comes around.

Well I certainly wouldnt hit them back as I can understand their anxieties and frustrations.I would try to help them to understand that their actions are inappropriate and that they were not acceptable to me.I would stress that there are consequences to that kind of behaviour and that if they went around doing that to someone not as understanding as I then they may get the same thing back to them!, ie what goes around comes around.

So, in your case it didn't go around again did it! I didn't expect it too either. ;)

A few other concepts jumped to mind when you brought it up.

"Turn the other cheek"

" And forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive them that trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation;

but deliver us from evil.

"

"Do unto others as they do unto you"

"To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

In society, none are fact. Rather they are guidance, advice or ideals.

So, in your case it didn't go around again did it! I didn't expect it too either. ;)

A few other concepts jumped to mind when you brought it up.

"Turn the other cheek"

" And forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive them that trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation;

but deliver us from evil.

"

"Do unto others as they do unto you"

"To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

In society, none are fact. Rather they are guidance, advice or ideals.

But the reason for that was that I have learnt that to get my own way, therefore I have to behave in a certain way.Epiphany and I were questioning if we are all really selfish and there is no such thing as altruism.

If a client hit me , I would want to be able to educate them, but I would also be considering my own reputation as hitting them back would not be good business sense:roll:

Archived