Why are you, you?

Because your soul is individual ad has been crafted by thousands of years worth of experiances which all boil down to one thing. you. (as you are in human form anyway).

When you die your soul will move onto another exsistance and gain more knowledge :)

I agree with the individual part...but don't you think the soul dies if you don't use it or develope it? and how does soul express itself?

that it's like a computer?

I see us similar to a computer at times. More of a fuzzy logic neural net.

Also like Phanerothyme says about a delay. A computer is really more like two computers. One is the actual computer which loads the instructions from memory into the registers before executing the instruction. i.e. the BIOS and the computer.

But what I mean in my previous post is that your conscious mind, "the I", is an epiphenomena of your mind, acting as a focus selector and cognitive perceptive filter. Not the decision maker.

But decisions perceived as "conscious" , decisions you feel you make consciously ("I will lift this pint and drink some"), are actually made about half a second earlier than you think, by another part of your mind, inaccessible under most circumstances to your consciousness, your "I".

This half second lag is post-rationalised, giving your consciousness the sensation that it made the decision, when in fact, it received it ready made.

Here, i'd say we have four processing centres, ego, super ego, id and super id (god), just as like in Minority report, each provides it's own answer, before the greater signal(s) is chosen. But that to me leaves issues...

However when studying NLP I read once about how you can take in 5 things, after that anything else goes in as a subconscious message. So i've personally postulated that we have one input centre for each of out primary senses (5) and then (because until recently we have only considered ego, super ego and id) 3 processing centres and finally 1 controller (the super id (aka god)).

I agree with the individual part...but don't you think the soul dies if you don't use it or develope it? and how does soul express itself?

I don't think it dies,i think it stays at one level if it is not used.

We express our soul in or conscience.It is the way we all see the same but differently :)

It being based on rational analysis and evidence :|

and who says it is rational......man?

If it does not fit in with mans beliefs then it is irrational?

I have seen and witnessed too many wonderous things which scientists would pass off as delusions to worry about rationality.

In fact i bet quite a few people in instututions are more sane and clued up than any scientist but because they do not fit it in with the norm then they are shut away from society.

I have seen and witnessed too many wonderous things which scientists would pass off as delusions to worry about rationality.

In fact i bet quite a few people in instututions are more sane and clued up than any scientist but because they do not fit it in with the norm then they are shut away from society.

All actions are rational to the person at the point of action, even if they actually aren't!

Beliefs that are not supported by any evidence are irrational.

Archived