Why are you, you?

my ignorance, you mean?:) please enlighten me.

I think that what you said about evidence, and what you are continuing to say about science, displays ignorance, yes. I also think its quite funny, I used to think like you about all these things, right down to the identifying with Rastafarianism part, but then I stopped smoking so much weed and started getting some book learning.

everybodys thought process and reality is different, as harvey said everybodys unique

and erm im a bit late to this thread lol

do you really honestly belive that mel? ,when you see the mob in action,people programmed by media and parents .I have my doubts. i think we've all got the potential to be unique ,but most of us waste it.

I think that what you said about evidence, and what you are continuing to say about science, displays ignorance, yes. I also think its quite funny, I used to think like you about all these things, right down to the identifying with Rastafarianism part, but then I stopped smoking so much weed and started getting some book learning.

:):) i don't smoke weed. never have. ok, all good about what you're saying. is there anything specific i've said that displays ignorance? or it's my whole view? i coul swear i read more or less the same books as you did/do. but would be glad to say i'm wrong if you point out where i'm wrong.

do you really honestly belive that mel? ,when you see the mob in action,people programmed by media and parents .I have my doubts. i think we've all got the potential to be unique ,but most of us waste it.

well some people do have a sheep mentality and fail to think things through but essentially everybodys different in the way they process thoughts.

:):) i don't smoke weed. never have. ok, all good about what you're saying. is there anything specific i've said that displays ignorance? or it's my whole view? i coul swear i read more or less the same books as you did/do. but would be glad to say i'm wrong if you point out where i'm wrong.

I think what you said about all evidence being subjective is completely ridiculous.

I think that you saying "yes. and 'science' has now taken the place of religion in supressing all conflicting sources of information for the most part." was ridiculous as well.

Also, yes I do sort of get an impression that you don't perceive science as it truly is, as a holistic thing that comes across from the whole of your posts as well as examples like those above.

yes. and 'science' has now taken the place of religion in supressing all conflicting sources of information .

It's true that scientists with a vested interest in one particular theory sometimes fight tooth and nail to undermine any idea which conflicts with it, but if a new idea can be demonstrated scientifically, the most this behaviour can achieve is to delay its' acceptance by the wider scientific community. Therefore, I don't think your comparison with religious authoritians imposing their ideas through intimidation in the face of reason is valid. I've never head a scientist telling anyone they will suffer for all eternity because they refuse to accept an unproven theory.

It's true that scientists with a vested interest in one particular theory sometimes fight tooth and nail to undermine any idea which conflicts with it, but if a new idea can be demonstrated scientifically, the most this behaviour can achieve is to delay its' acceptance by the wider scientific community. Therefore, I don't think your comparison with religious authoritians imposing their ideas through intimidation in the face of reason is valid. I've never head a scientist telling anyone they will suffer for all eternity because they refuse to accept an unproven theory.

i said that in my post.

but if a new idea can be demonstrated scientifically, the most this behaviour can achieve is to delay its' acceptance

that was the same effect of religious supression. the theories could never be killed off..just delayed.

I think what you said about all evidence being subjective is completely ridiculous.

could we have a baseline for what 'evidence actually is? i get the feeling we're not even in agreement about what it is we're talking about.

I think that you saying "yes. and 'science' has now taken the place of religion in supressing all conflicting sources of information for the most part." was ridiculous as well.

science, in it's purest form, is perhaps study, questioning and answering. but as it is practiced by human beings you can't argue that egos, politics etc these have become just as important as the findings themselves, if not more so. that is why i'm saying 'science' in quotation marks. however ground breaking a theory, unless your peers say yes it might never see the light of day. and there has grown a heirachy in academia that closely resembles most religious orders with some people at the top and beyond reproach etc and heretics on the sidelines.

Also, yes I do sort of get an impression that you don't perceive science as it truly is, as a holistic thing that comes across from the whole of your posts as well as examples like those above.

i see science as study, questioning, experimentation and answers, usually, in a cycle. is this wrong?

as the exapmles i gave, the rediculous ones, i suppose you would need the whole day to say why they are rediculous but i'm intrigued none the less by why your assertion comes without explanations.

i see science as study, questioning, experimentation and answers, usually, in a cycle. is this wrong?

as the exapmles i gave, the rediculous ones, i suppose you would need the whole day to say why they are rediculous but i'm intrigued none the less by why your assertion comes without explanations.

It would take some time yes, I wouldn't know where to start, I disagree with so much of what you say, I'd really rather not spend all day doing it though, I don't wanna be this guy. I think I might just leave it for now.

It would take some time yes, I wouldn't know where to start, I disagree with so much of what you say, I'd really rather not spend all day doing it though, I don't wanna be this guy. I think I might just leave it for now.

:):) good one. thanks for the 'entertainment' though. work would have dragged. only half an hour to go now. till next time, adios.

Archived