Why are you, you?

good point this. the thread on the research on islamophobia was stopped because it had 'gone off topic'. i find this a little strange. surely the idea is free flow of ideas etc wherever that might take us. within reason, of course.

No, it's debates on specific subjects, not a free for all!

Once again that's a belief!

The evidence doesn't go far enough back to be conclusive enough. In addition there are various models (modes of thought) on this subject. So it's a bad example to use!!!

Please get back on topic now you have an understanding of science!

my bad for that example. still, was the way i understood 'evidence' and 'fact' wrong in the scientific sense?

i think this might clear a lot of what i've gotten wrong.

and moving...

No, it's debates on specific subjects, not a free for all!

but then if that same subject takes you on a side-bar shouldn't you follow that if it'll take you back? i can most def say in respect to the past few posts from today i am not the person i was before i logged onto the forum today.

my bad for that example. still, was the way i understood 'evidence' and 'fact' wrong in the scientific sense?

i think this might clear a lot of what i've gotten wrong.

and moving...

Can you please tell us a little about yourself and your upbringing so we can understand better the reasoning behind why you are you?

Can you please tell us a little about yourself and your upbringing so we can understand better the reasoning behind why you are you?

:) born in zimbabwe to a moslem dad and christian mom. both practicing but not what you would call devout. was one or the other till i decided neither makes sense. my brain says there's no 'higher power', my 'heart(sorry, can't think of any other word) refuses to accept this. been here going on 14 years. came when i was 17. was supposed to go to med school but money fell through last minute. so did nursing. hated it so didn't finish. did sociology. hated that. didn't finish. doing BA creative writing now.

does that 'explain' anything? and i see what you did there. good move.

I find this very difficult to explain but I often wonder why am I me? Why am I, as opposed to someone else, experiencing subjective awareness in this body? Why am I even experiencing the awareness within this mind and body at all? Sure, I still may be here regardless, but why am I the consciousness inside my brain and not somebody else's consciousness?

:confused:

Who made the human being ??????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

truth is i agreed to come here because my girlfriend at the time had come here to study the year before i did and i missed her. not very complex or deep. what you mean a place such as this? the uk ok for the most part.

Main reason of asking was to find out if the politics of Zimbabwe bared an influence.

Whilst at uni I dated a girl from Zimbabwe for a while.

You say you followed your girlfriend after a year because you missed her, then say it was nothing complex. I'm sure all the issues of the subject were very complex, I know similar circumstances for me were (will be?). The inner turmoil of not knowing must have shaped you to make such a drastic move. Are you still with her now?

I used the term "such as this" to be the least subjective that I could.

Archived