Why are you, you?

That's just what you wanted to hear. It's also completely ignoring everything in the brain except for neurons. You wouldn't be you without all the chemicals, grey matter (not neuronal) and whatever else we haven't noticed yet. You're not going to argue that chemical gradients are binary as well are you?

The chemicals ensure the right conditions for conductivity, that was covered in the biological neural network document shown earlier. Sorry i've a banging headache, you obviously don't want to hear that the way the brain processes thoughts is explainable as a logical system.

Yes, there's quite a bit we, er they don't know, but they seem to know a lot, i'm just sorry it contradicts your beliefs. All you've done all week is denounce leading scientists without a single point of direction of your own.

All I want to hear is solutions to disease and problems of the brain, help make peoples lives better.

The chemicals ensure the right conditions for conductivity, that was covered in the biological neural network document shown earlier. Sorry i've a banging headache, you obviously don't want to hear that the way the brain processes thoughts is explainable as a logical system.

Yes, there's quite a bit we, er they don't know, but they seem to know a lot, i'm just sorry it contradicts your beliefs. All you've done all week is denounce leading scientists without a single point of direction of your own.

All I want to hear is solutions to disease and problems of the brain, help make peoples lives better.

I've no doubt that it's logical, but that doesn't mean it must be binary which is your contention.

Maybe you could look up the halting state problem then consider whether thinking of the brain being like a computer is helpful.

I haven't denounced anyone, you've misinterpreted several scientist to support your ideas but haven't actually acknowledged any evidence that doesn't support it.

I've no doubt that it's logical, but that doesn't mean it must be binary which is your contention.

Maybe you could look up the halting state problem then consider whether thinking of the brain being like a computer is helpful.

I haven't denounced anyone, you've misinterpreted several scientist to support your ideas but haven't actually acknowledged any evidence that doesn't support it.

What evidence have you provided?

As to your single point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem

Many modern languages (probably more classified as scripting languages, one's which are managed by an interpreter) can handle infinite loops with simple time outs. In a strict turing machine program then yes Godels problem stands, but in an intelligent system it shouldn't be a problem. Even that mention of the 'critic' could be a plausible interrupt...

What evidence have you provided?

As to your single point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem

Many modern languages (probably more classified as scripting languages, one's which are managed by an interpreter) can handle infinite loops with simple time outs. In a strict turing machine program then yes Godels problem stands, but in an intelligent system it shouldn't be a problem. Even that mention of the 'critic' could be a plausible interrupt...

If you understood the problem then you'd realise that a timeout is not a solution, it's just an abort to attempting to find the solution.

Why not just agree to disagree, i don't care if you have a misconception about how the brain works, and also if any evidence ever comes up I'll be prepared to change my opinion.

If you understood the problem then you'd realise that a timeout is not a solution, it's just an abort to attempting to find the solution.

Why not just agree to disagree, i don't care if you have a misconception about how the brain works, and also if any evidence ever comes up I'll be prepared to change my opinion.

But for the Godel halting problem to be an issue your inferring that the brain is comparable to a Turing machine, i've never suggested that, go back, see when I suggested that there may be 5 input processing centres and 4 reasoning processing centres, but that's just my guess, there may be more...

You say an interrupt isn't a solution. So are you saying that you always calculate the correct answer, or never give up?

As for evidence, you wouldn't even watch that video, the presentation was obviously good enough for most scientific journals to publish his work. Then for his work to be chosen as one of the two major avenues of research in the area.

May I ask, are you religious?

gotta say only on the writers' part of this forum had i ever taken anything that affected the way i do thing or think. you two(cyclone and spooky) have given me a lot of food for thought. i have looked at the links you posted and done my own reading on the brain. never really would have otherwise. opened my eyes to a lot of things. the vast array of theories on how the brain works still makes me think there are too many gaps for one to tower above the others. still i look at things a little different to how i did before.

the question of why we are who we are; why we become what we become; why we become that and not what we should have, wanted to be or could have become is still more a philosophical or, dare i say, religious, question rather than a scientific one.

gotta say only on the writers' part of this forum had i ever taken anything that affected the way i do thing or think. you two(cyclone and spooky) have given me a lot of food for thought. i have looked at the links you posted and done my own reading on the brain. never really would have otherwise. opened my eyes to a lot of things. the vast array of theories on how the brain works still makes me think there are too many gaps for one to tower above the others. still i look at things a little different to how i did before.

the question of why we are who we are; why we become what we become; why we become that and not what we should have, wanted to be or could have become is still more a philosophical or, dare i say, religious, question rather than a scientific one.

We could say that we are what we are because God made us that way.

I have seen human brains and seen them dissected which only leaves me more mystified as to how they work.

How we've evolved into the beings that we are can be scientifically traced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxonomy

I can't see why you say religion (belief in God(s)) has anything to do with it! Other than in the sense of doing something religiously (e.g. practice, endeavouring, etc).

I can see how your belief in religious teachings may have influence on your reasoning, just as any moral guidance or fables from what you accept as a trusted source.

Archived