Why are you, you?

Well I guess that if you were born and (say) lived in a tower( imprisoned) , what kind of person would you be?

You would only have very negative experience. I guess that mentally you would be very unwell. Maybe though you wouldnt be as you wouldnt have any other experience??

I know that I am am what I am today mainly because of my expereinces and those are different for everyone, though we do have some parallels.

But do our experiences change us as a person or just in the way we react to situations ?

I have worked with people who were completely different at work to in a social setting. The phrase acting a part describes how they behaved.

As to why it happens, is being conceived and beginning to exist not reason enough?

I'm not looking for "enough" of a reason for that to be the case, I'm just looking for some kind of meaningful exploration of the concept.

Like this... (although I'd prefer it in plainer English!). As stated in the abstract, the concept has deep philosophical implications that must be taken into account.

Yeah, i've not seen any serious empirical evidence of it! All tests i've seen (and trusted) have proved otherwise.

But as I said before you believe what you believe partly because of your own life experience.If you know someone that it has happened to then of course you are more likely to believe that than( say) a study

Archived