Conditions between Lincoln and Worksop (2-12-2010 ~ 2pm) ?

I would go Lincoln -> A46 Newark -> A1 to the junction immediately north of what used to be the 5-lane junction @ the 614, drop down and into the back of worksop that way.

The a57 from Lincoln has too many slopes - markham moor being the main one. The A46/A1 route is longer in distance but far safer and likely to be quicker as a result.

Underpass tunnel at Lindrick golf course has collapsed closing A57. I'm in Newark and all the roads are OK, much better than the ones in Sheffield when i left yesterday morning.

The roads from Newark to Lincoln and Worksop are passable with care. The trains are also running as far as i know. It's thawing out her but expected to freeze tonight...

I'm trying to find out if anyone knows what the road conditions are like between Lincoln and Worksop. Desperately trying to find a way to get my fiancée home from Lincoln. Been trying to find a number for B&Q or Wilkinson's distribution centres as if she could hitch a ride with a lorry from one of them I could maybe get her from there to here. I'm hesitant to try to drive to Lincoln without knowledge of the conditions on the route - it'll take me a few hours to dig the car out as it is.

Any info appreciated, I want her home safely!

Wilkinsons were closed yesterday - I know cos my mate works at their head office...

Archived