Chesterfield smokers fined for dropping tab ends in the street

In the old days, we always put tab ends in our pockets, smoked them too when we ran out of fags.

The problem nowadays when you have to be so careful about discarding anything in the streets is sorting the tabs from the half eaten donner kebab in you jacket pocket.

I just read this in the Star.

SIX smokers have been fined for dropping cigarettes in Chesterfield and a seventh for dropping a cellophane wrapper.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Smokers-fined-by-court.6647220.jp

It certainly isn't the first time that folks in Chesterfield have been fined for spreading litter in this way. I don't know if Sheffield Council has a similar policy. Should they?

A chesterfield bloke says to another "gimmi six":hihi:

And so they should, but the councils should provide more litter bins also. Im not sure if its connected but ever since the IRA days and especially in London, bins have been few and far between especially in train stations.

Thats ok because you can't smoke in train stations anyway-happy days!

Guest makapaka
I just read this in the Star.

SIX smokers have been fined for dropping cigarettes in Chesterfield and a seventh for dropping a cellophane wrapper.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Smokers-fined-by-court.6647220.jp

It certainly isn't the first time that folks in Chesterfield have been fined for spreading litter in this way. I don't know if Sheffield Council has a similar policy. Should they?

Yes - its littering. I smoke and i throw them on the floor and feel bad about it. Perhaps if i got fined i'd think on:hi

Seriously, watching my little un make a snowball and pick up a tab end has inspired me to buy a pack of niquitin and stop once and for all!

Archived