Chesterfield smokers fined for dropping tab ends in the street

No but you can eat and drink and they sell both food and drink - where do put the rubbish?

there are bins on the trains and at the station entrance and in the cafes behind the counters.

Failing all these options just carry it for 5min until you reach a bin outside

The councils get away with throwing that salt stuff about and I bet that's worse for the environment than a tab end, certainly worse for rotting my car.

I would have gone not guilty and claimed I was trying to help melt some of the snow.

Yes the salt is ridiculous. I have been trying to avoid huge piles of it this morning. Funnily enough I don't want my shoes to rot:rant:

Why don't they get a clue and work out that salt is not the only solution!

At least someone this year has had the sense to realise that you don't have to salt an entire 20ft wide pavement, 3ft will in fact do!:loopy:

One day they will also realise that creating a river of slush on the roads before negative overnight temperatures is pretty stupid!

Salt makes me angry:rant:

What I don't get is why they put it down in such huge quantities? Particularly when its done by people they seem to dump the entire shovel full in one spot instead of sprinkling it around.

You should only need a small amount of salt to get the job done yet they put so much down that sliding on the salt is as much of a risk as the snow, slush or ice itself.

What I don't get is why they put it down in such huge quantities? Particularly when its done by people they seem to dump the entire shovel full in one spot instead of sprinkling it around.

You should only need a small amount of salt to get the job done yet they put so much down that sliding on the salt is as much of a risk as the snow, slush or ice itself.

also ideally you remove the snow, then salt so that you don't end up creating black ice. We have a german staying with us at the moment-he thinks its hillarious!

we are embarrasingly incompetent:blush:

I was on Division Street, chatting with one of the city centre ambassadors a couple of years ago, when a woman threw a tab-end onto the floor and made to walk off.

She was most UN-gruntled, and indignant when the ambassador nabbed her for the offence, and he wrote her up for a littering ticket, :D:lol: I personally thought it was brilliant! (especially considering she was a yard or so from a litter bin when she did it! ):clap:

More power to their elbow, I say.

Archived