Hillsborough who will?

pathebladela

Perhaps if we build a hotel on the side of it and get a few workers to paint it whilst on the fag break??

Or maybe not, because we don't want a loss making hotel stuck on our ground.

You're obsessed Aaron lad.

Don't you worry, the hotel isn't ours to worry about anymore PHEW!!

Enjoy Swindon kidda!!!

I don't understand what you are getting at Titanic.

It was decision based on a consultation with both clubs.

The playing surface and ground could be cleared, it's the safety of the fans and their journey in dangerous conditions that will only get worse which is the primary reason behind calling it off.

Hope that helps.

I really don’t think this is difficult to understand.

Yesterday England presented their case to FIFA for holding the 2018 World Cup, in it they will have argued that they would have all the necessary logistical requirements in place for the Tournament and that the people here are passionate about football.

So for one moment let’s assume United won the right to host football in Sheffield, they would then have needed to convince those making the decision that they could:

Ensure enough Hotels exist to house the travelling fans

Ensure the Fan Park met all legal requirements

Ensure interpreters are available for travelling fans

Ensure Public Transport could meet demands

Ensure the Stadium is developed to the required standards

Ensure enough restaurants are there to cope with the travelling fans

Anything else needed logistically to run the event

Now if I was a FIFA delegate I’d be highly sceptical of your capabilities, when you cancel a game because of safety in surrounding areas.

I happen to have a higher opinion of United fans and I believe that most would have got to the ground safely, don’t you?

I happen to have made it to and from Chesterfield today without any difficulty, I really don’t understand why this game has been called off so early if the pitch was playable.

Yesterday England presented their case to FIFA for holding the 2018 World Cup, in it they will have argued that they would have all the necessary logistical requirements in place for the Tournament and that the people here are passionate about football.

So for one moment let’s assume United won the right to host football in Sheffield, they would then have needed to convince those making the decision that they could:

Now if I was a FIFA delegate I’d be highly sceptical of your capabilities, when you cancel a game because of safety in surrounding areas.

I happen to have a higher opinion of United fans and I believe that most would have got to the ground safely, don’t you?

I happen to have made it to and from Chesterfield today without any difficulty, I really don’t understand why this game has been called off so early if the pitch was playable.

I get where you're coming from however as a 33yr old i feel i'd be more than capable of getting to the gound (even after a few beers) however let me put this scenario to you;

Family of 2 adults and 2 kids driving to the ground, have an accident in icey conditions

or

OAP slips on the snowy pavement on the way to the ground (or making his/her way to the ground)

Is it really worth the risk for one of the worst hit areas in the country?

The club had the pitch and ground ready no issues but in this situation have to be commended for thinking of ALL fans.

Out of all those points only point 5 would be capable of being ensured by either SUFC or SWFC for that matter.

The clubs have no power to dictate the availability of hotel rooms which we actually dont have (we have less thsn 40% of the rooms in Leeds)

The clubs have no juristiction over the Fan parks that is up to the council,

The Clubs have no power over the transport availability, that is down to the SYPTE/SYPTA

The clubs have no power to ensure that there are sufficient restaurants availability. Funnily enough though one area of Sheffiield does have more restaurants per square mille than any other.

And congratulations on getting from Chesterfield but yesterday evening buses and cars were still refusing to use Greystones Road

Archived