Hillsborough who will?

pathebladela

Sorry Alex just come in from the pub and read titanics response to my earlier views on the requirements of the bidding club and just felt I needed to restore some sanity to the thread.

Just saying mate, it's ok for him to talk nonsense as far as the owls are concerned until you put him in his place, then you are "lowering yourself to his level":roll::roll:. It's a pity none of them had the gumtion to tell him two days ago.

So let me get my head round this once again Titanic . While all the worlds press were assembled in Switzerland for the announcement of the world cup bid and all the build up of the previous few days, what they were actually doing was waiting for an announcement from Bramall Lane as to whether Saturdays game was on as this would have repercussions on our ability to stage a succesful world cup, Now your comments are obviously tongue in cheek or you are proving to be a bigger dick then I had given you credit for.

I assume the fact that all the scottish fixtures were called off at the same time is part of the conspiracy theory because like SUFC they have an axe to grind.

Bearing in mind that the leader of Sheffields bid team is a huge SUFC supporter and his daughters company one of SUFC.s biggest sponsors.

It definitely ought to be a question for the AGM on the 18/12/10 though and if it had not snowed what was plan B to make us look incapable of holding the bid back.

If conspiracies are to abound then If anything it was probably the actions of your supporters on the final day of last season together with the scenes in Birmingham the other night that proved to be the final nail in the coffin for the bid. Lets be honest it would appear that the South Yorkshire Police were unable to protect innocent women and children that day let alone the actual participators in the game who had to endure unprovoked attacks.

No doubt on the plane back Cameron said to Beckham it was in the bag Dave but those pesky nuisances in Sheffield just had to call their game off just before the announcement and thats what made the difference.

I actually said it was a minor factor in the decision so no they wouldn’t have been waiting for the news of this game.

But once again let me try and explain this.

During the presentation and within the accompanying documentation each potential ground will have had to explain how it was going to house thousands of visiting fans, how it was going to get them to games safely and on time, how it was going to feed them and how it was going to get them home safely.

For one moment imagine United were the successful club in Sheffield, do you honestly believe they would then have announced to the world they were calling this game off because they couldn’t get people to the ground safely, just as they were telling the world how they’d run a World Cup, because I can tell you now if I was on the selection panel the first question I’d ask was “Why have you not managed to get the game on this weekend”.

This question would then go on to highlight how incapable this country is in dealing with problems and in my opinion this would cause minor embarrassment for those presenting the bid.

They could and should have waited until just after the decision was announced before telling everyone that one of the potential host cities is incapable of clearing some snow from around the ground, to enable people to get to the game safely.

Anyway my message to all Blades for today, is either stay inside nice and safe, or if you go out make sure you wrap up well and be careful on those pavements and roads.

Just saying mate, it's ok for him to talk nonsense as far as the owls are concerned until you put him in his place, then you are "lowering yourself to his level":roll::roll:. It's a pity none of them had the gumtion to tell him two days ago.

I'm sorry mate I don't feel put in my place or that I'm talking nonsense.

Once again I'll ask you.

Do you feel it is unsafe to host this game today?

I can't remember how many times I've asked you this now, but I await a reply from the sensible one.

Enjoy your day and be careful walking on those pavements.

I actually said it was a minor factor in the decision so no they wouldn’t have been waiting for the news of this game.

But once again let me try and explain this.

During the presentation and within the accompanying documentation each potential ground will have had to explain how it was going to house thousands of visiting fans, how it was going to get them to games safely and on time, how it was going to feed them and how it was going to get them home safely.

For one moment imagine United were the successful club in Sheffield, do you honestly believe they would then have announced to the world they were calling this game off because they couldn’t get people to the ground safely, just as they were telling the world how they’d run a World Cup, because I can tell you now if I was on the selection panel the first question I’d ask was “Why have you not managed to get the game on this weekend”.

This question would then go on to highlight how incapable this country is in dealing with problems and in my opinion this would cause minor embarrassment for those presenting the bid.

They could and should have waited until just after the decision was announced before telling everyone that one of the potential host cities is incapable of clearing some snow from around the ground, to enable people to get to the game safely.

Anyway my message to all Blades for today, is either stay inside nice and safe, or if you go out make sure you wrap up well and be careful on those pavements and roads.

I'm starting to get where you're coming from here, the Blades called off the match this weekend for no reason other than to destablize Englands chance of getting the World Cup, nothing to do with the worst snow fall since records began or the police advise they didn't want fans travelling in and additional traffic on the road?

As Bramall Lane wasn't one of the grounds chosen surely it would have no bearing on the decision and probably fell well under the radar of 100% of the FIFA deligates.

However lets for arguments sake say FIFA did take notice of things like 'acts of mother nature' surely Wednesday 'allowing' their ground to get flooded in the middle of summer (when the WC would be staged) would be much more of a faux paux than snow at the Lane in December????

I'm sorry mate I don't feel put in my place or that I'm talking nonsense.

Once again I'll ask you.

Do you feel it is unsafe to host this game today?

I can't remember how many times I've asked you this now, but I await a reply from the sensible one.

Enjoy your day and be careful walking on those pavements.

You are showing a lack of class here Titanic. With many people being injured and even killed due to the bad weather, you find it necessary to mock and make light of a serious issue.

Well done.

You are showing a lack of class here Titanic. With many people being injured and even killed due to the bad weather, you find it necessary to mock and make light of a serious issue.

Well done.

I posted exactly the same sort of response about 30 posts ago but titanic only reads the threads he wants. Don't let the idiot beat you down. I'm finding it amazing no Wednesday fan has stepped in to sort out this idiot but they've all gone quiet as usual.

I posted exactly the same sort of response about 30 posts ago but titanic only reads the threads he wants. Don't let the idiot beat you down. I'm finding it amazing no Wednesday fan has stepped in to sort out this idiot but they've all gone quiet as usual.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

God your boooooooooooooooooooring :hihi:

& your points only count

I'm starting to get where you're coming from here, the Blades called off the match this weekend for no reason other than to destablize Englands chance of getting the World Cup, nothing to do with the worst snow fall since records began or the police advise they didn't want fans travelling in and additional traffic on the road?

As Bramall Lane wasn't one of the grounds chosen surely it would have no bearing on the decision and probably fell well under the radar of 100% of the FIFA deligates.

However lets for arguments sake say FIFA did take notice of things like 'acts of mother nature' surely Wednesday 'allowing' their ground to get flooded in the middle of summer (when the WC would be staged) would be much more of a faux paux than snow at the Lane in December????

Ok clearly we have a difference of opinion on this issue, so let’s try and resolve this in a grown up manner.

Anyone who thinks the decision to call this game off when they did wasn’t a minor embarrassment to the bid can defend it by responding to the following.

I’m going to play the role of one of the members on the panel that decided who got the World Cup.

England have presented all of their documentation and successfully made their presentation and it is now time for Questions and Answers.

Mr Stockers I’ve read the literature you’ve provided and observed your presentation and I have to say I’m very impressed with the passion for the game, as well as the existing infrastructure you have in place to host the Tournament.

However, I’d like to ask the you for the reasons why a Professional game has been called off this weekend in one of the host cities, when by all accounts the pitch was playable.

Could you explain this decision please?

Well done.

Sometimes mockery is the best method of highlighting a ridiculous decision, and in my opinion the decision to call this game off so early was/is ridiculous.

Clearly you think the game should be called off.

Archived