Best car for snow?

Our Terrano is still sat outside our house, we've taken it out once and it was just sliding all over. The 4 wheel drive just wasn't doing it for me. It's a seven seater therefore would cause alot of damage if it hit something so we've opted to use our Megane. It's been great, it's so light and just glides over everything instead of just wheel spinning, so our household winner this year is the Megane. Might try to get some better tyres for the jeep tomorrow though and get that chugging again. Incidently, the jeep had to be jump started but the Megane started first time, despite being buried under 3 foot of snow for 2 days!!

our 4x4 does 30mpg in town, 47mpg on a run. it can tow 2 tonnes when needed, and we can chuck 7 bags of shopping in the back plus 2 elderly parents seated in comfort when we do a shopping run. its big enough to give my wife a decent view of the road and is well rated for safety, and is in the £215 tax class, not the gas guzzler bracket. insurance is £228 fully comp for 2 people. and then for 3 weeks a year in snow and bad weather it comes into its own, i have had not one incident all week in getting around.

Ok, what is it then:) sounds just the thing.

Russian T-34,brilliant in the snow,and if you arrive at the back of stuck cars,no problem just go over them,one drawback is 4miles to the gallon.I think there is a couple going cheap at the Rocket site at Misson.heheheh.

I'd pick me up a German Tiger tank at the military surplus store. Nothing would dare argue with that sucker

2-1/2 gallons to the mile though

Archived