Prospective step parents

given how we are becoming a nation of making sure how we would do anything to keep kids safe i was wondering .you and your wife/husband/ partner have split up, your partner has now found someone new and its time to introduce them to your kids . you are of course wary of the situation but how far would you go to reasure yourself that your exs new partner is safe to be around your kids ? would it be going too far in having them crb checked for your own piece of mind? would this even be allowed ?having seen another horror story on the news earlier this evening has got me to write this . what does anyone else think ?

given how we are becoming a nation of making sure how we would do anything to keep kids safe i was wondering .you and your wife/husband/ partner have split up, your partner has now found someone new and its time to introduce them to your kids . you are of course wary of the situation but how far would you go to reasure yourself that your exs new partner is safe to be around your kids ? would it be going too far in having them crb checked for your own piece of mind? would this even be allowed ?having seen another horror story on the news earlier this evening has got me to write this . what does anyone else think ?

Are you referring to the guys who filmed his abuse of a child on his mobile?

I'm sure it depends upon your opinion of your ex, if he/she can make objective decisions as to who is suitable to be around your kids, if they have custody etc. I'd be very wary of any person who entered my children's lives.

Are you referring to the guys who filmed his abuse of a child on his mobile?

I'm sure it depends upon your opinion of your ex, if he/she can make objective decisions as to who is suitable to be around your kids, if they have custody etc. I'd be very wary of any person who entered my children's lives.

of course you trust your exs opinion im not judging that .im saying how far should you be able to go in finding information about your exs new partner (ie crb check on them )

of course you trust your exs opinion im not judging that .im saying how far should you be able to go in finding information about your exs new partner (ie crb check on them )

That's too far IMO. If, God forbid, that I ever split from my wife and that, we were blessed enough to have kids, I'd trust her judgement.

If I was shagging a scratter I'd obviously have reservations but as I have an amazing wife who would be like a tigress in protecting her young I'm not concerned.

Guest makapaka

I think its all about judgement. Where would it stop, if your brother or sister had a new boyfried / girlfriend and they had them overnight, would you insist on a crb check? Or if a friend took them out for the day and somebody you didn't know went with them the same?

If you have doubts then of course you need to make sure your children are ok, depends I suppose on how much you trust your ex's judgement in this instance.

how many peados have got into the lifes of single mothers just to be able to groom their kids ?people who foster or adopt kids go through a vetting system to see if they are suitable to care for these kids if they dont fit the criteria they dont get to adopt/foster .but someone can just walk into your ex partners life and they woudnt be any the wiser .

Archived