Why do we pay council tax?

I think everyone should not pay 2 weeks worth of council tax. They aren't doing what we pay them to so! We live on a bus route And they haven't even bothered to grit the road. My girlfriend is pregnant and hasn't got long to go. Her mother is disabled and they cant be bothered to grit her road either? What is going on? :loopy:

CompSpud

Theres already loads of threads like this. If you choose not to pay your council tax then that is your privilige. However the council will recover the money one way or another using all the methods at their disposal up to and including putting you in prison

Theres already loads of threads like this. If you choose not to pay your council tax then that is your privilige. However the council will recover the money one way or another using all the methods at their disposal up to and including putting you in prison

TBH they can't afford to, they might put a few in prison to make examples, but it would not be cost effective.

What people should do is pay council tax in to a separate fund and lend it to Forgemasters, allowing the council to reedem it over time ad forcing them to borrow frm BOE @ the lower rate of 0.5%

Guest makapaka

Understand the frustration.

But if everybody stopped paying people would soon miss the services they take for granted.

i.e. when you need to ring the police, ring the fire brigade, ring the ambulance service etc.

Somethings in life you have to just put up with knowing that you're up on the deal overall.

If our road isn't gritted by tomorrow I'm going to make a nasty phone call to them. If my OH goes into labour and the road isn't gritted I'm going to go mental and just to be a **** make the ambulance come up the road and let them pay for the damage for skidding into other cars cos they cant be arsed gritting, I bet the councils head office had perfectly gritted car park and road outside. You watch

Archived