'take the British away and give us back the Americans'

I am far less perturbed by the comments of US officials than I am by the statements of Karzai and his cronies. Allies have a tendency to criticise each other's contributions to a war effort (cf. WW2, when such criticisms were rife. Look up for example the scathing comments of Generals Stillwell and Patton on the British armed forces). What is more troubling is that there seems to be no appreciation at all on the Afghan side for the sacrifices British forces have made. How different this is to, for example, the warm appreciation British troops received in France, Belgium and (especially) Holland at the end of WW2

I dont think Karzai voces the opinions of Afgans in general

I reckon both armies would be bertter off leaving. Karzai is a corrupt double dealing crook. Plays one side against the other, takes money from the Iranians who supply weapons to the Taleban.

Is that a huge oxymoron dressed into three sentences?

Dont understand why Karzey is saying this. I mean if he was any good at his job he would be able to sort his own country out, without our help

It's not Karzais country the fool was flown into the country from the USA to be installed as a puppet leader after the 2001 invasion. He needs the Americans there to keep him in power otherwise he wouldn't last a day.

Let's break it down into chunks

I reckon both armies would be bertter off leaving.

Karzai is a corrupt double dealing crook.

Plays one side against the other

takes money from the Iranians.

the Iranians who supply weapons to the Taleban.

There you go.

Let's break it down into chunks

There you go.

What's so complicated about understanding a statement that basically says.

Karzai is not to be trusted. A leader who makes secret deals with the Taleban and accepts money from the Iranians who are funding the Taleban with whom he is supposed to be fighting with the support of coalition troops.

What's the sense continuing a war in a country with a leader like that?

Cant make it any simpler :D

Archived