Is it true asda is selling halal meat..

I would imagine that it does make a difference to the taste as all the blood is drained from the animal.

However only someone who's tasted both would be able to tell me if i'm right I suppose.

Conventionally slaughtered meat is hung and drained of blood too.

halal meat has been sold in asda for months maybe even a year but it is very over priced compared to getting it from a proper halal butcher.

I bought halal meat from Asda at least 2 years ago, it was clearly labelled and sited within their ethnic range so there would be no confusion over what I was buying-my main motivation for buying was it was cheaper than the other meat in the store-however I've never bought it from a halal butcher..yet!

Would a true Christian be offended by eating a meat that has been blessed for another God?

They shouldn't be according to the Christian gospel, however I don't believe anybody should be forced to eat meat whose source they're unsure of, the halal stuff should be clearly labelled in my opinion.

As long as its pre-stunned Halal meat there is no problem.

On the subject of taste due to the blood being drained. That is the case for all meats. What you see coming out when cooking certain meats is not blood, well not conventional hemoglobin, its myoglobin which never leaves the muscle tissue unless cooked.

What makes Hal Hal cheaper ?

See I don't get this, the animals must be the same unless they just sell all the old animals to the Muslims, the running costs of the slaughter houses must be round about the same, the transport costs have got to be the same, so what makes it cheaper ?

Does God give you a discount if you don't buy our normal cursed meat ?

Archived