Is it true asda is selling halal meat..

I think the reverse will happen, those Muslims who start to eat the meat now available in supermarkets will continue to do so and he demand for the non stunned stuff that they were buying previously because there was no alternative, will fall.

I've no idea what muslims think and don't care, but when I was in the ASDA in Dewsbury they were around the halal meat like bees to a honey pot-in other words they're buying it. I agree, if there wasnt such objection to the non stunned meat the supermarkets would stock it without a problem.

Well all I'm supporting is meat that has been pre stunned, whether it's halal or not isn't an issue for me.

In the usual fashion--------how did you know they were muslims were they wearing signs.

In the usual fashion--------how did you know they were muslims were they wearing signs.

..because I engaged them in lively conversation about it retep, since I'd never seen it in a supermarket before..this integration thing is a two way street you know ;)

I think the reverse will happen, those Muslims who start to eat the meat now available in supermarkets will continue to do so and he demand for the non stunned stuff that they were buying previously because there was no alternative, will fall.
Well I don't. As soon as the percentage of sales goes up then so will the sales of none stunned. Muslims will once its accepted that we eat all eat hal hal will choose to be more true to their faith. The more its accepted and people are not putting a stink up about it the more none stunned will get slipped in with it.

I don't blame them for doing so if it happened, its human nature, they are obviously going to stick to what they believe in and its only because of our none acceptance of it now on the grounds of it being alien to us that they 'choose' to stun their meat to conform.

Like I said their should be no grey area here, until its stipulated that ALL hal hal or any meet in this country has to be stunned and we grow a pair and enforce it, then I don't think any super market chain should be selling hal hal.

I've no idea what muslims think and don't care, but when I was in the ASDA in Dewsbury they were around the halal meat like bees to a honey pot-in other words they're buying it. I agree, if there wasnt such objection to the non stunned meat the supermarkets would stock it without a problem.

Well all I'm supporting is meat that has been pre stunned, whether it's halal or not isn't an issue for me.

Oops, forgot to comment on this part :D I haven't got the hang of this multi quoting business yet.

How many times must we restart similar threads and how many times must we go around in circles?

If you don't approve of halal slaughter methods, then don't eat at your Indian restaurant and / or takeaway.

If you don't approve of inhumane slaughter methods in general, then stop eating livestock and become a vegetarian or pescetarian.

Because whether Bessie is slaughtered in the halal way or not, it's probably not much fun for her and there's gonna be a lot of blood.

x

To all the halal meat haters out there, Jewish Kosher meat is stunned the same way as halal meat and we all know how powerfull the Jewish lobby is so the halal slaughter method is here to stay, get over it.

You have probably all eaten it at some stage at a takeaway/restaurant etc but are making a song and dance about it because it concerns muslims. How pathetic, if you are that concerned about animal welfare stop eating meat.

Archived