Are Pete McKee's products overpriced?

I really like how he captures simple Sheffield's working class childhood places and activities in his iconic simplistic vibrant cartoon paintings, however, i do find it odd that his work isn't at the prices most of the people he illustrates and would relate to his artwork can actually afford?

http://www.therealmckee.co.uk/shop/other-mckee-items/pete-mckee-girls-t-shirt-the-girl-with-the-wind-in-her-hair

I really like how he captures simple Sheffield's working class childhood places and activities in his iconic simplistic vibrant cartoon paintings, however, i do find it odd that his work isn't at the prices most of the people he illustrates and would relate to his artwork can actually afford?

http://www.therealmckee.co.uk/shop/other-mckee-items/pete-mckee-girls-t-shirt-the-girl-with-the-wind-in-her-hair

Yes, I think you are right. I like his stuff too, but It does seem expensive.

Welcome to Yorkshire - where everybody expects to be paid top dollar themselves for whatever they do (however half-heartedly), but doesn't expect to pay out to the next person the same way :rolleyes:

Does anybody have any idea how many hours actually go into any of these creations?

How about comparing the wares of some of the other local artists and see if you think Pete McKee is value for money then

I think it's very reasonably priced. That T-shirt is hardly a high volume item is it?

How much is a band tour T-Shirt these days?

Welcome to Yorkshire - where everybody expects to be paid top dollar themselves for whatever they do (however half-heartedly), but doesn't expect to pay out to the next person the same way :rolleyes:

Does anybody have any idea how many hours actually go into any of these creations?

How about comparing the wares of some of the other local artists and see if you think Pete McKee is value for money then

I think it's very reasonably priced. That T-shirt is hardly a high volume item is it?

How much is a band tour T-Shirt these days?

:hihi: Hooooow much!!!

Earning money out of the poor, nothing new here, he is a Conservative by any chance ?

I doubt it. He comes over as very working class and his band aren't renowned for their airs and graces. I've never really understood why folks have a downer on talented people actually earning money.

I'd rather buy his paintings than invest in replica shirts bearing the names of overpaid footballers. I know which will be worth most money in 10 years time.

I think his work is very well priced. We have one of his '22 View of Sheffield' hanging in our hall, and always get complemented on it. It frames nicely and its just a lovely piece. Well worth the £20 or so we paid for the print (plus another £35 for framing)

Archived