Are Pete McKee's products overpriced?

however, i do find it odd that his work isn't at the prices most of the people he illustrates and would relate to his artwork can actually afford?

Find the cost of living increasing all the time? Guess what, so does he.

£30 for a print doesn't seem that excessive. Cut down on the cigs, takeaways and White Lightning and you'll soon be able to afford one.

Find the cost of living increasing all the time? Guess what, so does he.

£30 for a print doesn't seem that excessive. Cut down on the cigs, takeaways and White Lightning and you'll soon be able to afford one.

It does to me, plus the ones most people want are going for £180! plus there's framing at around £40, why the presumption I smoke and drink a lot?

Good, i wish him well, does major contracts means his prices might be reduced?

I'm glad he's doing well, just that if he was depicting fox hunting, the Opera, vegetarians, 4x4's and Guardian readers i'd understand, but he's portraying Whippets, football, fish and chips, seaside trips, most working class love his artwork but simply do not have £80 - £180 spare per picture to be framed.

I'm not deprecating anything, just saying it should be horses for courses, if you appeal to a certain audience then the products should easily be affordable by that target audience.

Just beacuse his product appeals to poor people does not mean that it is aimed at them. In any case, it's an irrelevant point. If he sold his £180 works to poor people for a fiver each, they would be sold on to other people for £180 - because that's what people are willing to pay in order to have one.

Archived