Spice Market Cafe becomes Relish?

jamesogt

theres a small menu on the website but the rest is on blackboards on the walls. I went at lunchtime and had the sarni, chips, soup and drink thing for a tenner, was very nice!

Now I have seen the menu it doesn't look too disimilar to Thyme Cafe really. Both in price and offering.

• 4 weeks later...

:rant: Felt I had to post after the awful customer service I received at Relish on New Years Eve. When the waitress brought over the food, she leant over my friend and sister and spilt the plate over the 2 of them. Now we all make mistakes and she was very apologetic and she and her friend helped to clear up the (considerable) mess. My sister was offered another drink of what she had (a diet coke - £2) My friend wasnt, even though she had a rather large mess on her trousers. We then spent a few minutes putting some ice on my sisters arm as she had been burnt when the hot mushy peas fell on her arm.

Throughout the whole commotion (lots of standing up and napkin getting etc) the manager did not come over once to apologise or to see if things were ok. he kept his distance.

When we asked for the bill at the end of the meal. my sister felt that she should not have to pay full price for the meal. Reasonable, so we called the waitress over and explained. This brought the manager over (finally) and he asked us to explain why. My sister explained and showed him her arm (visible red mark which had started to blister.) He then replied with "Im sure you'll live - you should have told me when it happened. We gave you a free drink." NO APOLOGY. I rather think it is the managers job to know when his customers have food thrown at them!

He said when we obviously werent happy that he would take the meal off as a gesture of good will but repeated with the comment "Im sure you'll live". We were ok with this but not his comments. However, when he returned with the bill he then told my sister that as he had taken off the meal, she now had to pay for the free drink (a coke) When we all said no, he told us that "we werent worth the hassle" and to leave.

We went to the bar area to ask the waitress for a complaint form or number and to tell them that we thought their service was fine and we didnt blame them for the mistake. There was no number or form, so we have contacted the manager of Artisan instead and taken pictures of my sisters arm.

I really think that this service was rude! He made us feel like we were worthless and making a fuss (my sister had been burnt!) To make sarcastic comments and then tell us we arent worth it is not good customer service!

Sorry- rant over. I often read reviews on the forum and find them useful - I just hope someone over at Relish / Artisan group reads this and takes it seriously!

:rant: Felt I had to post after the awful customer service I received at Relish on New Years Eve. When the waitress brought over the food, she leant over my friend and sister and spilt the plate over the 2 of them. Now we all make mistakes and she was very apologetic and she and her friend helped to clear up the (considerable) mess. My sister was offered another drink of what she had (a diet coke - £2) My friend wasnt, even though she had a rather large mess on her trousers. We then spent a few minutes putting some ice on my sisters arm as she had been burnt when the hot mushy peas fell on her arm.

Throughout the whole commotion (lots of standing up and napkin getting etc) the manager did not come over once to apologise or to see if things were ok. he kept his distance.

When we asked for the bill at the end of the meal. my sister felt that she should not have to pay full price for the meal. Reasonable, so we called the waitress over and explained. This brought the manager over (finally) and he asked us to explain why. My sister explained and showed him her arm (visible red mark which had started to blister.) He then replied with "Im sure you'll live - you should have told me when it happened. We gave you a free drink." NO APOLOGY. I rather think it is the managers job to know when his customers have food thrown at them!

He said when we obviously werent happy that he would take the meal off as a gesture of good will but repeated with the comment "Im sure you'll live". We were ok with this but not his comments. However, when he returned with the bill he then told my sister that as he had taken off the meal, she now had to pay for the free drink (a coke) When we all said no, he told us that "we werent worth the hassle" and to leave.

We went to the bar area to ask the waitress for a complaint form or number and to tell them that we thought their service was fine and we didnt blame them for the mistake. There was no number or form, so we have contacted the manager of Artisan instead and taken pictures of my sisters arm.

I really think that this service was rude! He made us feel like we were worthless and making a fuss (my sister had been burnt!) To make sarcastic comments and then tell us we arent worth it is not good customer service!

Sorry- rant over. I often read reviews on the forum and find them useful - I just hope someone over at Relish / Artisan group reads this and takes it seriously!

- at least the peas were not cold

Seems like Spice Market didn't work out?

http://relishrelish.co.uk/

Is there anything in Sheffield Thornbridge don't have their fingers in?

Looks like the start of our very own upmarket Wetherspoons brand is starting right here in Sheffield! Interestingly the site now brands it with Artisan and Catch, though not Thyme Cafe.

Relish

Greystones

Tap and Barrel

Champs

Cricket Inn

Inn at Troway

University Arms

Coach and Horses

I'm curious about the Tap and Barrel because I've not heard of this one before.

Where is it and do they sell Thornbridge beer?

Regards

Doom

thornbridge brewery own the host of bars/pubs however all the other restaurant/gastopubs belong jopintly to richard smith and jim harrison - the owqner of thornbridge and so supplies his own venture with his own beers.

thyme cafe is owned by r.smith and another partner.

form what i heard spice cafe wasnt making enough money to be profitable however now it has changed it has doubled its takings a week.

Archived