Noodle Out on Abbeydale Rd

Carborundum

I just thought I would give this new place on Abbeydale rd near jn with Carterknowle rd a plug - it serves really good chinese take-away food and is very trendy and modern for its location - definitely recommend it ..

Heres their web site:

http://www.noodleout.co.uk

http://www.noodleinn.co.uk

Anyone else agree ?

Have to agree with mjlacey here, Noodle Inn beats Vietnamese noodle bar any day. Noodle Out is actually really close to where I live, but I haven't yet tried its delights, having only moved recently. Came close last night, but decided I fancied chinese Fish 'n' Chips from Hong Kong Wok (in whose takeaway-consuming capacity I was also virginal). Don't recommend it. After being told by the sweet, slightly senile lady that "haddock would take a long time", I was forced to go against my morals and will (haddock is far better than cod...maybe that should be saved for another thread) and went for the endangered aquatic staple, which she then proceeded TO COOK (what was the point in telling me she had to cook haddock?). Chips: soggy -- fish: tasted like soot and washing up liquid.

Anyway I'll go to Noodle Out next time (which is what my girlfriend told me to do anyway).

p.s. Has anyone tried the currries at Noodle Inn? Basically bought one cos I was been stubborn and wanted to go for an Indian. Absolutely ace!!

I live round the corner from those two places as well.

The Noodle Out is ace. I haven't tried the curry but can defo recommend the black pepper sauce dishes. Fantastic.

Never ever go to the Hong Kong Wok either for chips or chinese. It's horrible. Also, both times I was in there the woman on the counter was behaving quite unpleasantly towards the guy who cooks the chinese food. I think it must survive purely on people trying it out for the first time. I can't imagine why anyone would want to go in there twice.

Archived