Inconsiderate road users

it occured to me walking to work the past 2 days (after i get off the bus) how the ploughing of the roads and indeed people shovelling snow off their drives is adversly affecting pedestrians.

at the sides of the roads we have a mountain of rapidly hardening snow which makes it even harder to cross the road, even walking down whats normally a flat path has now become a hurdle race as people have cleared their drives and left the bloody snow ACROSS the main pavement across the bottom of their paths and drives (instead of just shovelling it into the edge of the garden, theyve got rid of it from their property whatever the cost.)

even crossing the road at a proper legal pedestrian crossing (where you stand in the middle of the road) is now barricaded off and you need to hurdle a big mound of snow on both sides to get in and out of it :loopy::rant:

I think I found one of those inconsiderate types last night. I was driving out in the sticks when I got into a deep bit of snow. I was busily trying to extract my little 2 wheel drive using a plastic shovel when a huge 4 by 4 came in the opposite direction. As I was blocking the road he just sat there for 10 minutes watching me struggle before reversing back down the road to take a different route.

Priceless.

I think I found one of those inconsiderate types last night. I was driving out in the sticks when I got into a deep bit of snow. I was busily trying to extract my little 2 wheel drive using a plastic shovel when a huge 4 by 4 came in the opposite direction. As I was blocking the road he just sat there for 10 minutes watching me struggle before reversing back down the road to take a different route.

Priceless.

thats what womens lib has done for you? years ago he would have jumped out and helped you out but todays a different era

Archived