70 years ago. 12th December 1940 The Marples was bombed

The worst bombing raid was on London on May 10, 1941. It was in reprisal for a devastating raid by the RAF on Hamburg not long before that.

The acts of heroism by the rescue services, the reguler fire and voluntary fire services were legendary.

There aren't many of those heroes left now. I hope they got the right amount of appreciation and recognition for what they did.

The worst bombing raid was on London on May 10, 1941. It was in reprisal for a devastating raid by the RAF on Hamburg not long before that.

The acts of heroism by the rescue services, the reguler fire and voluntary fire services were legendary.

There aren't many of those heroes left now. I hope they got the right amount of appreciation and recognition for what they did.

Sheffield History:huh::huh:

Sheffield History:huh::huh:

I know what Sheffield looked like at the end of WW2. I was there but even as a sprout i still remember the bombed out buildings around Snigg Hill and before that the trucks that drove through the town center full of Germans on their way to that big POW camp out in Lodge Moor.

We also had an incendiary bomb drop on our house and we kept the steel casing as a souvenir for many years afterwards.

At the time Marples was bombed I was a babe in arms sleeping in the Anderson air raid shelter in our back yard

That bit of history relevent enough for you?

Archived