Your cool off time

So This is a kind of response to another thread i read where someone said if you say i NEED a drink it states you have a problem.

I mean i must say what a load of gobbly gook i work around 45 hours a week minimum sometimes more and on a friday i come in and say i need a drink which is just an exagaration because i dont need it i just want it and i have no problem not drinking i dont rattle or touch anything through the week.

so my question today is when would you say someone has a drink problem.?

i only think i have a basic idea of this because at one point i DID have a drink problem but i binned that 4 years ago and now im settled so i know the differences.

Describe your drink problem.

Were you unable to function in the morning without a drink?

Did you get the DTs?

How much would you drink each day?

Did your drinking affect your family?

im not sure

i think i do have a bit of a drink problem after decades of HEAVY drinking, i try these days to only drink at weekends BUT when i dont drink i do feel a craving in my stomach occasionly. and need a drink when ive had a stressful day at work.

i dont overdo the drinking either, when i do i know how much to drink to NOT get a hangover so i dont push it

Describe your drink problem.

Were you unable to function in the morning without a drink?

I never really expierenced that because i drunk from the first thing when i woke up i didnt work so thats all i did.

Did you get the DTs?

not sure what this is.

How much would you drink each day?

on a average day around 14-16 cans of stella but at times it was more.

Did your drinking affect your family?

yes i burnt so many bridges it took so long to rebuild them my mum was scared to sleep in case they woke up to find me dead i ended up leaving the family home because i knew i it wasnt fair what i was doing,

Thanks for your honesty, the DTs (delirium tremens or "the alcohol shakes") are what you go through when withdrawing from alcohol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens

At what point did you realise you had a problem?

Did you seek medical / professional help?

How does it feel to have gone through that and made it to the other end?

How have the past 4 years been?

Archived