Dear pedestrians !!

He would have to know where the event happened and if I was the offender, thankfully he would have been absolutely covered in slush and unable to read my plate ;)

Unless a witness was there, in which case the victim could very well get your address from DVLA and pay your car a nightime visit with a bottle of brake fluid. In which case good luck to him and bye bye to your NCD. :hihi:

Road tax doesn't exist and anyone who goes on about is either ill informed or a fool road tax hasn't existed since the thirties, we pay car tax and it is just a tax like any other and is probably spent on mps expenses.

Speaking of which pedestrians have a right to be on the road horse riders have a right to be on the road cyclists have a right to be on the road but cars and such do not they have to be licensed to be allowed on the road they don't have a right.

But saying that it would be very inconsiderate for an able bodied pedestrian not to step off the road to allow the passage of motorised traffic since if for no other reason they should have a decent level of self preservation if not darwins law must be in effect.

If road tax(sorry!, I meant to say- ' if the tax that is not a road tax'), is just like any other tax that everyone pays, why is it only motorists who pay it? Why don't passengers pay it for instance?, or those that use public transport on a regular basis? And why are fully insured motorists who haven't paid "the tax that is not a road tax" not allowed to drive their cars on the roads that are no longer taxed?

If road tax(sorry!, I meant to say- ' if the tax that is not a road tax'), is just like any other tax that everyone pays, why is it only motorists who pay it? Why don't passengers pay it for instance?, or those that use public transport on a regular basis? And why are fully insured motorists who haven't paid "the tax that is not a road tax" not allowed to drive their cars on the roads that are no longer taxed?

That's because it's a vehicle tax. Not an 'occupant of vehicle tax' or a 'thing a vehicle travels over tax'.

Well I use public transport regularly, I'm a passenger occasionally, and a pedestrian daily, and yet I still have to pay this tax.

This post is what is known as "gibberish" (To prattle and chatter unintelligibly. n. Unintelligible or foolish talk)

That's because it's a vehicle tax. Not an 'occupant of vehicle tax' or a 'thing a vehicle travels over tax'.

Well I use public transport regularly, I'm a passenger occasionally, and a pedestrian daily, and yet I still have to pay this tax.

This post is what is known as "gibberish" (To prattle and chatter unintelligibly. n. Unintelligible or foolish talk)
I address this question to all three of you. Why do motorists pay this tax?. Is it A: For the privilege of driving? Or is it B: To keep their vehicle on the road?

I address this question to all three of you. Why do motorists pay this tax?. Is it A: For the privilege of driving? Or is it B: To keep their vehicle on the road?

For permission to be allowed to use their vehicle on the road.

Archived