Dear pedestrians !!

You didn't happen to see what caused the "dear drivers" to get stuck did you?...

it was about a thousand million tonnes of snow I think.....

I can see your point, some people make a point of making themselves an obstacle, and some drivers make a point of trying to intimidate anyone who doesnt have the luxury of four wheels.

It doesnt take away from the validity of the point that warnings were issued, had people left their cars where they were ant used public transport, which can run in almost all areas if it isnt stopped by stuck cars, then everyone could have got home easily and safely, the roads might have been cleared more quickly ( remember, a snowplough cant get past a stuck car either) then the pavements could have been cleared more quickly, and pedestrians wouldnt have to walk on the road to avoid the very real danger of injury.

just saying :)

I really think that pedestrians should use their common sense and keep off the roads in the present conditions. If I did slide in my car and hit a pedestrian I would never forgive myself as I would lose my no claims bonus and dent my car.

Dear Drivers, perhaps some of you might not have got stuck if you hadnt thought yourselves invincible in the deteriorating conditions earlier in the week, causing public transport to slow down and in some cases grind to a halt,despite numerous messages of advice from the highways agency and the police. if the road is passable, we hear you approaching and you dont attempt to force us into the snowbank, we pedestrians will happily step to one side and let you pass unencumbered. Thank you.

Seeing as both my incidents happened today when most if not all major roads are clear and minor roads are still 50/50 passable, your comment in my bold doesnt apply. And the fact i was taking my mother, mother in law, myself and my niece to the supermarket because all of them have been snowed in for the last 3 days and had no food, nothing would have stopped me from as you say being invincible to help my family out.

I really think that pedestrians should use their common sense and keep off the roads in the present conditions. If I did slide in my car and hit a pedestrian I would never forgive myself as I would lose my no claims bonus and dent my car.
:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived