Dear pedestrians !!

It's be a little cruel to claim in a dead person's estate, wouldn't it?

Because let's face it, Mr. Pedestrian would be dead.

Maybe you should just stop purposely trying to run me over.

x

Nobody runs pedestrians over on purpose! We always manage to overcome the temptation somehow.:)

It's be a little cruel to claim in a dead person's estate, wouldn't it?

Because let's face it, Mr. Pedestrian would be dead.

Maybe you should just stop purposely trying to run me over.

x

What if I hit another car in my attempt to avoid hitting you? Will you pay my increased premiums?

What if I hit another car in my attempt to avoid hitting you? Will you pay my increased premiums?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

No, I would turn around and run away as quickly as I could under the snowy conditions and leave the two motorists to sort out the mess :hihi:

x x x

YES! Let's take you for instance. If you were driving an insured vehicle and you cut me up it would be 100% your fault, and I'd claim on your insurance. What makes you think I'd be willing to claim on my insurance simply because you're a pedestrian?

I think if you read the Highway Code it states that motorists give way to pedestrians. Even if the pedestrian is at fault !

In Great Britain, pedestrians ONLY have right of way if:

a) They are crossing the road on a designated, marked pedestrian crossing, or

b) They are crossing a side road at a junction and you are turning from a main road into that side road.

At all and any other locations, vehicles have priority.

This solved this argument! :D :D

just as nothing stopped my 67 year old pensioner father from walking to Crystal Peaks to get the essentials. my post was aimed at nobody in particular, but it was prompted by witnessing ( from the window of a supertram stuck for 45 minutes due to drivers having got stuck at Gleadless Town End) the exact behaviour I was on about. You decided I was aiming my post at you, that's your prerogative, it also says one of two things, maybe heed your own signature, have a brandy and chill, or maybe a touch of guilty conscience? so, can I assume you're now going to run me down if you see me walking on 'your' roads?
discription please!..no in all seriousness my mother is 75 has asthma among other things, the mother law 72 has arthritis in both her knees and my niece has a baby and didnt want to bring her out in this weather, ive been driving about without a problem for 4 days since my son dug our car out, I use common sense stick to bus routes and major roada and hasnt steered me wrong, when the buses stopped so did i.

I can honestly say I've never walked in the middle of the road. I use the side of the road, and step back off the road as a car is approaching.

As long as you try and walk on the side of the road in the direction of oncoming traffic (as per Highway Code), I see no reason why we can't both use the road in conditions like this.

There will always be a few (on both sides) that will just do what they want.

Archived