Dear pedestrians !!

They should ban people using their cars in conditions that put the lives of pedestrians in jeopardy. I am a pensioner and none car driver, but have had to make the effort to walk to the supermarket and carry home the shopping. Round here we have been on the news for lorries stuck on the A57 so there is a lot of snow, and as for the pavements they are still covered in 4 ft of snow. You car drivers that have forgotten you still have a pair of legs should excersize them more often.

discription please!..no in all seriousness my mother is 75 has asthma among other things, the mother law 72 has arthritis in both her knees and my niece has a baby and didnt want to bring her out in this weather, ive been driving about without a problem for 4 days since my son dug our car out, I use common sense stick to bus routes and major roada and hasnt steered me wrong, when the buses stopped so did i.
Just because you have any reason to drive on a particular day doesn't mean other drivers don't.

They should ban people using their cars in conditions that put the lives of pedestrians in jeopardy. I am a pensioner and none car driver, but have had to make the effort to walk to the supermarket and carry home the shopping. Round here we have been on the news for lorries stuck on the A57 so there is a lot of snow, and as for the pavements they are still covered in 4 ft of snow. You car drivers that have forgotten you still have a pair of legs should excersize them more often.

If there were no car drivers pedestrians would not be able to use the side roads.:roll:

Its the car drivers that mash the grit into the snow and cause it to melt otherwise it would take an eternity to do its job of melting the snow

With all due respect, you're a pensioner, most probably retired with no reason to drag yourself out of bed at the crack of dawn every morning knowing you have to scape the ice off the car windows then drive whatever amount of miles it is to your place of work simply because you can't afford not to. It's not as though we don't have good reasons Aries:)

With all due respect, you're a pensioner, most probably retired with no reason to drag yourself out of bed at the crack of dawn every morning knowing you have to scape the ice off the car windows then drive whatever amount of miles it is to your place of work simply because you can't afford not to. It's not as though we don't have good reasons Aries:)

Do you think that pensioners haven't spent years doing the same?

I do feel sorry for you poor mollycoddled workers these days.

Life in the 40's, 50's & 60's would have killed you lot.

We managed to do it without all the modern aids too and didn't blame the old un's for everything that happened - had some respect for them instead.

Archived