Property damage due to the weather..

This morning whilst in my house I heard a loud bang and crashing noise. When I opened my front door part of our roof had fallen off. (A 5ft peice of wood with nails and several slates) This had also happened to our next door neighbour. (My house is a terrace)

I can't help but feel very lucky because I have no doubt that if it had fallen on me, it would have killed me.

I can only assume this is due to pressure from the snow/ice.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

This morning whilst in my house I heard a loud bang and crashing noise. When I opened my front door part of our roof had fallen off. (A 5ft peice of wood with nails and several slates) This had also happened to our next door neighbour. (My house is a terrace)

I can't help but feel very lucky because I have no doubt that if it had fallen on me, it would have killed me.

I can only assume this is due to pressure from the snow/ice.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

The roof of a pub outbuilding has collapsed close to us. They store lots of wine in there usually. I may pop round later to see if I can be of assistance.

Snow is very heavy when in great quantities and causes much structural damage.

Archived