Preparing for the next cold snap

I've got pretty much the same things that I had last year but I'd like to get another sack of rock salt or two. Does anyone know anywhere that has any in stock?

B & Q, Penistone Road, just got some. I think it was £5.50(ish)

I got caught out whilst driving. I have only ever used water and washing up liquid in my washer bottle. I was on the M18 on Friday afternoon when my squirter stopped working as it was frozen up. It was beginning to get dark and the spray from the road kept obscuring my vision. I stopped twice on the hard shulder to clean it. Now I got screen wash in , mixed 50:50 . It is excellent. Car Plan all seasons screen wash.

I shall never be without it again.

I want snow tyres for the car along with snow socks and a proper snow shovel. Using anything else is very very hard work. And wellies or something which won't have my trousers wet up to the knee when going outside.

I'm also still looking for ankle boots or shoes with proper grip that doesn't look too much like walking shoes. I don't like high heels, but I do like wedges. I don't understand why they make winter shoes without good tread on it :rant:

Apart from that, I've been fine with bread and milk :hihi: - but will maybe make sure I have more meat in the freezer and some tins.

Is anyone doing anything to get prepared for the rest of the winter ?

I'm going to get some tinned stuff, spare manual can opener, UHT milk and part baked bread to avoid the supermarket rushes. Also getting a snow shovel as using this sort of thing didnt work so well !

Im ok, I just had to dip into my Nuclear war rations but Ill top them back up as soon as its all over.

Dried eggs and powdered milk is not really that bad after a bit, Im getting a bit fed up of this suet :gag:

Archived