Only for people with an imagination!

Have I woken up in my own bed as per normal?

The only time I've lost hours (and thankfully it was only hours), my immediate reaction was to ask why I was lying on the floor. Apparently my heavy 'flu had caused me to get up out of bed, feel dizzy, and keel over backwards.

I dare say once I've convinced myself that the wife is not playing some ridiculous practical joke, I'll be trying to get hold of a doctor to find out what's gone wrong with my memory and why I don't recall the last 19 days. It wouldn't occur to me to assume that they simply never happened.

It would depend if all the decorations were up, presents wrapped and placed under the tree, preparations for xmas dinner sorted etc.

If the answer to above was no, then I'd show a little concern yes....wouldn't go quite as far as to panic.

If everything had already been done, I'd be happy as Larry, hate counting down 25 days to xmas every year anyway, it's the most annoying bit of cob (collective obsessional behavior) I've ever had to experience.

You go to sleep tonight and when you wake up tomorrow it is Christmas day. Somehow in your life and mind the inbetween days went missing. Everyone else except you knows that it is Christmas day and expects you to behave and react accordingly.

Would you panic :o or just take it in your stride? :cool:

:roll:

For a moment can I pretend to be a person who doesn't celebrate Christmas?

It'd make no difference other than losing 20 days!

Otherwise, i'd be annoyed that i'd missed 20 days worth of chances of finding things to make people smile! (And be thankful that I spend all year doing this and that all i'd have to do is look in the cupboard!)

Archived