Only for people with an imagination!

Christmas is crap, but that doesn't actually mean I believe it is actually a turd now, does it.

Well you are actually comparing it to it!

I sometimes say 'Thank your lucky stars as well.' It doesn't mean I believe in 'lucky stars' though.

What does it mean then?

Too many people use flippant clichés and don't actually realise what their saying.

Sorry if you didn't understand why I found it amusing!

It's the missus and kids who make the mess, cook the sprouts, spend the money, choose the TV programmes etc, we ain't got a god here.You have a problem understanding figures of speech.

Christmas is crap, but that doesn't actually mean I believe it is actually a turd now, does it.

Are you implying that in some households God does the cooking and makes a mess and watches TV?:huh:

Well you are actually comparing it to it!

What does it mean then?

Too many people use flippant clichés and don't actually realise what their saying.

Sorry if you didn't understand why I found it amusing!

Just to clarify though. 'Thank god' is a phrase I learned as a kid through repeated use by adults around me. I use it now out of habit, not out of any belief.

I understand why you found it 'amusing', but this is a lighthearted thread started by Pageant for a bit of fun As usual, someone has decided to criticise a poster unnecessarilly for their use of a word/spelling/grammar through a sense of superiority and completely turn a thread around to a debate which is off topic.

I am just as guilty for responding to your picky comment so for that I apologise to Pageant.

Are you implying that in some households God does the cooking and makes a mess and watches TV?:huh:
No, I'm saying annoyance of god, as Spooky3 stated, doesn't exist in our house, so its all down to us humans, so I cannot have been -
Originally Posted by spooky3

No the state of the G had nothing to do with it, but the thanking god for annoyance of god was funny, ironic even!

Would you wish to be 39 forever?:huh:

OK maybe not forever, but staying 39 for forty or fifty years and then dying seems fair enough, and a lot more pleasant than gradually deteriorating to 89. My joints are bad enough as it is, old age is going to be painful!

It's the missus and kids who make the mess, cook the sprouts, spend the money, choose the TV programmes etc, we ain't got a god here.

You have a problem understanding figures of speech.

No, I'm saying annoyance of god, as Spooky3 stated, doesn't exist in our house, so its all down to us humans, so I cannot have been -

I think you missed Pageant's point!

And I never gave a view as to whether I believe in the existence of God.

No the state of the G had nothing to do with it, but the thanking god for annoyance of god was funny, ironic even!

And at my age I don't need someone I don't know pointing out that they don't agree with a 'flippant cliche' I happen to have used on a forum as though it is of some importance to the thread. So far, that is the only contribution you have made to it and it has resulted in the thread being ruined.

Once again, apologies to all.

You go to sleep tonight and when you wake up tomorrow it is Christmas day. Somehow in your life and mind the inbetween days went missing. Everyone else except you knows that it is Christmas day and expects you to behave and react accordingly.

Would you panic :o or just take it in your stride? :cool:

:roll:

I'd stay off the stella.

Archived