From the ashes of the Walnut Lounge and the Wig and Pen

longiesta

been past both these places in the last couple of days

Walnut Club has a license application for a bar called the Velvet Lounge

Wig and Pen has a sign for the Milestone Bar and Restaurant, does this mean they are moving up from Kelham Island since they were on Gordon Ramseys programme

either way, hopefully a couple of nicer bars opening soon!

been past both these places in the last couple of days

Walnut Club has a license application for a bar called the Velvet Lounge

Wig and Pen has a sign for the Milestone Bar and Restaurant, does this mean they are moving up from Kelham Island since they were on Gordon Ramseys programme

either way, hopefully a couple of nicer bars opening soon!

Milestone 2 has its own thread already running somewhere. I believe they are expanding and going to have two operations.

As for the Walnut Club it failed as a Champagne bar, and had no better luck as a cabaret venue. There are restrictive implications on its licence due to objections and local residents. I can't see why someone else would be too keen to try the same location.

No, but lots of them live next door, opposite and behind it. I know several who objected to the extended hours application, not because they objected to it being there, or even being open till 2am, but they did object to the disruption and noise that would happen if it closed at 6am, especially things like emptying bottle skips.

Why do people live near places such as Ecclesall road which is a busy commercial street and then object to noise? It annoys me...

I think that people were living there for just a little a few years before Walnut Club appeared!!!!

Of course they're going to oppose an application to a late licence!

Archived