Supermarket duplicity.

its the same with anything - always be careful. i normally buy perfume in large quantities as it's cheaper. however this week found one 100ml for £10 or a 200ml for £28...... go figure what i bought.

I don't think thats a con. I think thats a genuine offer. They will perhaps have been able to procure the 100ml wholesale a lot cheaper. They don't buy it by the litre.

I went to Maplins recently for some blank DVDs - I was gonna buy 50 for £19.99, got to the till and the assistant pointed out that the 100 pack was on offer at £14.99. Now that is service.

Dear oddgit and Meaks,

Been away for a few days so just picking up on the threads.

Not really wishing to perpetuate this but cannot close without commenting that you choose to miss the point that I made.

To expand ,although I am fully capable,as are most people of comparing item prices,do you really want to spend time checking those little labels on the weekly shop.This is a painful enough job without donning my specs before making each and every selection.

What I would like is the marketing departments to take this hassle away instead of contriving schemes to mislead.

So keep your supercilious comments to yourself,and in oddgits case,I wish you success in finding a shop to buy your home brew.Perhaps they will have a special offer on,but don't forget to check the detail.Caveat Emptor.

Archived