Got any washing machine experts on here

hi when i put a wash on i get a really rubbery burning smell ,ive just put it on a 30 deg quick wash and its making a clicky noise and the rubber smell.

ive stripped it down thinking the belt was ready but to my findings it wasnt

the clicky noise is coming from the brushes because when i take them out the noise stop as i spin the motor , could duff bushes cause the rubbery burning smell??

If it's a Hotpoint, becareful!

We had one that did that, it was 2 years old.

We thought it was the belt that was smelling of rubber but it turned out to be the electrical box where the wire went into the machine. The box had actually been on fire!

Suffice to say we got another washer/dryer after that and vowed never to use Hotpoint/Ariston/Indesit again.

Can anyone advise? My Indesit, cold water feed washer/dryer is in our cold outhouse. Water is getting through, but could the low temperature be stopping the machine from working? It won't work on dryer cycle either.

Could it be that the outlet is frozen. I think there is a type of U bend or something which can freeze, preventing the m/c draining?

Archived