Do you think there will be an increase in the sales of 4x4s in 2011

After the worst winter snow falls in 2010, and yet possibly more to come, will you be buying a 4x4 in 2011. :help:

I have a little saloon car, which is very limited in the snow, and have always said, the roads are usually open after a couple of days of heavy snow fall, yet again more icy roads other than snow, seem to be making travel more difficult.

I usually catch the bus when it snows, and to be honest, find it a good little service. However this year with my little daughter things were a little more hectic, with shopping, meetings and other activities. So is it worth buying a

2nd hand 4x4.

Personally I think there will be an increase in these types of vehicle's.

The other thing, is that people seem to wait for the gritter's to come around their roads, and don't get stuck in to assist the rest of the neighbours helping to clear the roads. (Is it a given right that the Council clear the roads although conditions dictate otherwise.:o

Even the gritter's can't always make it, so if you were to buy a 4x4 what do you think the best 4x4 is in the snow

All answers really appreciated.

Take care

i got mine last january the prices for 4x4s has gone sky high all year.great in the summer pulling the caravan and winter..the only thing with them is their wide.high up.do 0-60 well thats some thing else..mine is a landrover discovery tdi 2.5 parts very cheap.britparts.and basic mechanics needed to repair them.7 seater loads of room..got mine on classic insurance.so its cheap .not much else to say...loads of second hand parts.to keep them going...

Archived