Do you think there will be an increase in the sales of 4x4s in 2011

i got mine last january the prices for 4x4s has gone sky high all year.great in the summer pulling the caravan and winter..the only thing with them is their wide.high up.do 0-60 well thats some thing else..mine is a landrover discovery tdi 2.5 parts very cheap.britparts.and basic mechanics needed to repair them.7 seater loads of room..got mine on classic insurance.so its cheap .not much else to say...loads of second hand parts.to keep them going...

it depends what disco you get the old ones drive like a boat, td5's are a lot better than the old ones used to be, but if i was going for an older "cheapie" the shoguns drive better, but like i said with my recommendation for the defender i have seen people stuck in discos and the trusty old defender has had to come to the rescue and pull them out

(Title) Do you think there will be an increase in the sales of 4x4s in 20011

The world will be long gone by then! - lol

I think that by the end of 2011, there will be the same percentage if not less 4x4's (due to all manner of taxation - fuel, road fund licence, running costs, maintenance)

We don't have the persistance of arctic weather to justify swapping the family saloon for the 4x4.

My last car, an old S reg fiesta, could cope with every flavour of weather thrown at it, and I miss it dearly. I remember that during last years few days of snow, I sailed past all makes and models in the silver chicane, often newer cars, with their traction control, ABS, etc...

Now with my own new car, I am the one struggling through :(

Give me back the Fiesta, I'd gladly take it, over and above this newfangled Honda, or any 4x4.

i got mine last january the prices for 4x4s has gone sky high all year.great in the summer pulling the caravan and winter..the only thing with them is their wide.high up.do 0-60 well thats some thing else..mine is a landrover discovery tdi 2.5 parts very cheap.britparts.and basic mechanics needed to repair them.7 seater loads of room..got mine on classic insurance.so its cheap .not much else to say...loads of second hand parts.to keep them going...

Thats what i've got and i totally agree, Wednesday morning 8am off to work 32miles away, no plowed or gritted roads,worst snow fall in 80yrs dropped two hitchers at work,towed 1 Transit to M1, Police turned me back at Barlboro cuz Tesco dis centre given priority for food etc, 10mile detour and at work for 9.30, unbeatable...

it depends what disco you get the old ones drive like a boat, td5's are a lot better than the old ones used to be, but if i was going for an older "cheapie" the shoguns drive better, but like i said with my recommendation for the defender i have seen people stuck in discos and the trusty old defender has had to come to the rescue and pull them out

Mine drives like a boat, a Destroyer...

Archived