Do you think there will be an increase in the sales of 4x4s in 2011

I used to have a RR as a second car but the upkeep was unbearable.

Now drive a Navara as my work vehicle and my wife has an old 'quattro' although its cost us more in repairs this year than its worth!!

I think 1 4x4 is enough for any family.

Anyone wanna buy a fully maintained, fully MOT'ed A4 2.5 TDI Avant Quattro??

without a shadow of a doubt the best 4x4 full stop is the landrover defender

ive got to say i agree 100% they are without doubt the best 4x4 going (i buy and sell them though) :hihi: you dont seem to get alot of truck for the money.old b reg trucks slightly abused around the 2k mark.

i got mine last january the prices for 4x4s has gone sky high all year.great in the summer pulling the caravan and winter..the only thing with them is their wide.high up.do 0-60 well thats some thing else..mine is a landrover discovery tdi 2.5 parts very cheap.britparts.and basic mechanics needed to repair them.7 seater loads of room..got mine on classic insurance.so its cheap .not much else to say...loads of second hand parts.to keep them going...

ive got a disco as my daily for now,can do just about as much as the defenders but a bit slower and less relliable due to the weight of them,seem to hammer wheel bearings/cv joints and brakes from my experience but theyre cheap to buy,cheap enough to run (30mpg round town) and cheap enough to fix.on the plus side theyre alot comfier to drive,more room in them and they dont tend to go walkies if you dont chain them to the ground :D

They used to say that about Lada Niva's but they regularly used to wipe the floor up with Land Rovers up on Parkwood Springs :hihi:

I had a Lada Niva in the 80's, permanent 4 wheel drive, but only a 1600 engine. Only used to get 18 to the gallon. Unbeatable in snow, mud and anything else. If a 2.5 diesel had been put in it would have been a fine machine. Sold it on due to running costs, pity.

Archived