Do you think there will be an increase in the sales of 4x4s in 2011

In answer to the original question i imagine there will be a spurt in the ownership of 4x4's for a while then it will go back to it's usual level by next winter at which point this same question will yet again be asked.

Personally i see no reason not to own a 4x4 since depending on your choice the only real difference between that and a normal car is the number of wheels under power.

i agree with that,by summer they will all be wanting a car again as 'a 4x4 isnt needed and not practical' then by winter it will just be like now :hihi:

4x4 doesnt always mean all 4 wheels are under power,theyre not invincible and ive had a few stuck,in my discoverys and 90s only 2 wheels will spin up when traction is lost

The 'Greens' and the Goverments attitude to 4x4's may change after a few winters like this. In th 40's and 50's bad winters were more frequent and it appears the pattern is repeating it's self. Extra tax and extra duty on diesel ???? The politics of envy. I cant afford a 4x4 but would buy one tomorrow if I could.

Thanks MadnBad.

The Vitara is used for off roading and has been used through all this snow and no one on here could put me off it.

As for more than 3 children, nooooooooooooo. Not even 2. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I could help you with that!:D:D:D

Thats what i've got and i totally agree, Wednesday morning 8am off to work 32miles away, no plowed or gritted roads,worst snow fall in 80yrs dropped two hitchers at work,towed 1 Transit to M1, Police turned me back at Barlboro cuz Tesco dis centre given priority for food etc, 10mile detour and at work for 9.30, unbeatable...

Sorry the police were tunring you back why? I didnt see any of them around Wed it seemed far too cold for them

Sorry the police were tunring you back why? I didnt see any of them around Wed it seemed far too cold for them

They wouldn't let me thru from the Barlboro M1 roundabout towards Clowne, he said he had 39 lorries stacked down there past the Treble Bob pub. I was heading to Newark thru Creswell then Budby and Cuckney. There is a large Tesco distribution centre on the Barlboro' Industrial estate i reckon they were rightly giving priority to getting the food supplies thru'. He said i could go back and try it thru Barlborough village but i dont know that way so he sent me down M1 two junctions and i went through Mansfield. It wasn't as bad as i got near Rainworth but still very few cars managed to get out on the road. The worst bit was a convoy of 5 or six Notts CC meals on wheels vans literally abandoned in the drifts so no dinner for those in need...

Archived