Do you think there will be an increase in the sales of 4x4s in 2011

spot on :thumbsup: i can get my discovery in spaces people cant get there smart car in due to been useless drivers
What a load of rubbish, 4x4s going on school runs along with massive twin cabs are just status symbols 90% have only been off road when they go on the drive at the side of the house, for the most part they are needless anti social world rescource wasting toys.

Regarding where you can get your discovery in relation to smart car drivers how many times does your dicovery go genuinly off road?

Smart cars can get in more places thatn your discovery on normal roads when parking.

the old land rover 90s have the same engine as a black cab n/a diesel so up tax on them? landrovers have the same size engine as stuff like transit vans (even drive like one :hihi:) ect. . and i dont hear anyone complaining about upping tax on them,mind you,people will be moaning then when all prices go up for couriers/man with a van ect. . to cover there costs
A transit van is a commercial vehicle so is a landrover not a school run local shopping vehicle.

Staus symbols for ego trippers that's all.

space isnt an issue they all fit the same roads. ours does 47mpg on a run and 30 in town so its never been a gas guzzler, hence the £215 tax.
They should also pay for the parking spaces that they overrlap into, how many times do you return to your car and have to struggle to get in due to some ego trippers 4x4 vehicle encroching on your walk by space.

What a load of rubbish, 4x4s going on school runs along with massive twin cabs are just status symbols 90% have only been off road when they go on the drive at the side of the house, for the most part they are needless anti social world rescource wasting toys.

Regarding where you can get your discovery in relation to smart car drivers how many times does your dicovery go genuinly off road?

Smart cars can get in more places thatn your discovery on normal roads when parking.

yes your correct alot of them are used purely for school runs and shopping,half of the people who own them wouldnt even know how to work the gears,i sure do though and its used for work purposed as i have to tow a trailer around quite often,sometimes up country lanes and rough ground. i was talking about normal roads RE: the smart car comment,your just going on everyone been a perfect driver,there are useless people out there that cant park a smart car within 2 parking spaces.its not what you drive,its how you drive it

as for my truck going offroad as ive said above,its never been offroad,honest . .

PICT0294.jpg

A transit van is a commercial vehicle so is a landrover not a school run local shopping vehicle.

Staus symbols for ego trippers that's all.

where have i said ive used it for school runs? 5 out of the 7 seats in the car are folded up as ive got it full of my work gear,not all people have a 4x4 to do school runs and shopping in,its a work vehicle and a toy to play with offroading

They should also pay for the parking spaces that they overrlap into, how many times do you return to your car and have to struggle to get in due to some ego trippers 4x4 vehicle encroching on your walk by space.

a discovery is not much wider and i doubt its longer at all than most cars,i dont think the height of it takes up an extra space does it? :hihi:

Do you think there will be an increase in the sales of 4x4s in 20011

If there is there should be a massive increase in tax on these antisocial space taking gas guzzlers.

What a load of twaddle 4x4's for the most part take up no more room on the road or car park than any other vehicles and on many fuel costs are equivalent to similarly sized cars.

If you want to vent your spleen at something which has at least a grain reason then vent it at sports cars which have no logical place on the road according to your mindset. You must be the most angry person in the world when you see a ferrari or an aston and the like go by,

These must make your head explode

http://www.scoobyphotos.eclipse.co.uk/photographs/classic/special/22b/full/22b_953.jpg:hihi:

Do you think there will be an increase in the sales of 4x4s in 20011

If there is there should be a massive increase in tax on these antisocial space taking gas guzzlers.

If winters are to get worse then we should be SUBSIDISING 4x4's, not taxing them. Please make sure brain is engaged before operating keyboard !!!

4x4s are already subsidised.

Private motoring is subsidised to the tune of £2k a year for an average saloon.

For a 4x4 the figure is much higher, since every road death is estimated to cost £1m, and 4x4s are proven to be more dangerous to vulnerable road users because of their size and shape.

Every 4x4 driver is helping make the roads more dangerous.

Archived