Are all schools back to normal from 6/12/10

Back to normal ?? Whats normal ?? Opening and closing on a whim. Parents having no idea what to do, struggling to find help with the kids so they can go to work when teachers cant be bothered turning in.

Posts like yours make me furious!!

As I've said on another thread - my daughter who is a teacher struggled into work on Friday, (with the help of her dad, as she couldn't get her car out!) She lives 13 miles from her place of work, she got into school and ended up having to babysit 4 pupils!!! Why should she risk life and limb to get into school when parents can't be bothered to get their children in!!

Except Heating failure, power failure, Ice on site. Last Snow the school I worked at had used all its grit by that time and the council didn't have any more for it and with only 2 caretakers who work shifts they couldn't really get the site cleared suffciently to be safe.

All that thawing from yesterday and is apparently -8 deg c outside so I expect its ICE ICE BABY this morning.

Our school is closed today as the guttering collapsed and had to be assesed before the kids were allowed back in, I should imagine there are a few schools with damage that needs to be checked first, It anoys me when people don't take these things into account and moan that teachers are lazy, Sunday our teachers were at school clearing snow, unlike many of the parents who were moaning.

Lets face it, teachers are on a good screw. The latest proposal for them to report to their nearest school on days when weather conditions prevent them reaching their own school is a good idea. As for the 'baby sitting' comment, yes, part of a teachers duties are as a custodian. Industry and commerce depend on them opening schools so as to enable parents to go to work TO PRODUCE THE WEALTH TO PAY TEACHERS.

What do they want, full pay for staying at home ??????? My situation is no work, no pay, fair enough. I dont whinge like the teacher on Radio Sheffield last week when he had a 101 excuses why he shouldn't go to work in bad weather. Lesson prep, CRB checks etc. and he said "I am not a babysitter" as well. No matey, you are a teacher, not a scientist, a doctor, a surgeon or some other highly qualified 'life or death profession'. Get real, if you dont act sensibly the Goverment will find ways to force you. Local councillors are sick of your attitudes as well.

If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Archived