Are all schools back to normal from 6/12/10

Our school is closed today as the guttering collapsed and had to be assesed before the kids were allowed back in, I should imagine there are a few schools with damage that needs to be checked first, It anoys me when people don't take these things into account and moan that teachers are lazy, Sunday our teachers were at school clearing snow, unlike many of the parents who were moaning.

Full marks to the teachers concerned, our local teachers all sat on their butts expecting 'someone else' to clear it. Well done.

Posts like yours make me furious!!

As I've said on another thread - my daughter who is a teacher struggled into work on Friday, (with the help of her dad, as she couldn't get her car out!) She lives 13 miles from her place of work, she got into school and ended up having to babysit 4 pupils!!! Why should she risk life and limb to get into school when parents can't be bothered to get their children in!!

OK then, stay at home, but dont expect me to pay you. !!!!!!!

OK then, stay at home, but dont expect me to pay you. !!!!!!!

You didn't read my post properly did you? I said she got into school, it was the lazy parents that couldn't be bothered to walk 100 yards to bring their little darlings in. She had no-one to teach. All she could do was babysit the children, because the planned lesson couldn't happen with only 4 children, she would have had to re teach it on Monday. All the teachers in her school got in, but out of 300+ pupils only 80 turned in - who's lazy there????

She is prepared to go into her local school, subject to CRB checks etc all being done.

You didn't read my post properly did you? I said she got into school, it was the lazy parents that couldn't be bothered to walk 100 yards to bring their little darlings in. She had no-one to teach. All she could do was babysit the children, because the planned lesson couldn't happen with only 4 children, she would have had to re teach it on Monday. All the teachers in her school got in, but out of 300+ pupils only 80 turned in - who's lazy there????

She is prepared to go into her local school, subject to CRB checks etc all being done.

This is what all teachers are being asked to do, your daughter is in a minority. A lot of parents dont expect the schools to open in snowy weather so make other arrangements. Full marks to your daughter, but my local schools dont have such caring staff.

No matey, you are a teacher, not a scientist, a doctor, a surgeon or some other highly qualified 'life or death profession'. Get real, if you dont act sensibly the Goverment will find ways to force you. Local councillors are sick of your attitudes as well.

If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I'm both of those, actually.

And my school was open last Friday. The rate of attendance of pupils was 11%. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the claim that schools closing are damaging the economy. The parents at my place didn't share that view anyway.

I'm both of those, actually.

And my school was open last Friday. The rate of attendance of pupils was 11%. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the claim that schools closing are damaging the economy. The parents at my place didn't share that view anyway.

Good on 'yer mate. There does seem to be a media led attack on teachers. Good job the forum is here to put us right. 11% IS pathetic when parents whinge on about schools closures. I suppose it's more preparation for impending cuts. The education system is under attack like never before.

Archived