Help!!with insomnia

i wonder if any one has any tips or rememdys they have used.i seem to be hitting my head against a wall.even my doctor is confused why nothing makes me sleep at nite

i get insomnia 2 or 3 times a year for about 3 or 4 days and the only thing ive found that helps is to think about something that has happened in the past, as for back as you can remember, maybe a childhood memory, dont rush it though, try to remember it in as much detail as possible,,,,, good luck

Ok

Are you physically exhausted when you go to bed?

Are you occupied in the day time.

Are you drinking drinks with caffeine in after 7pm?

Have you got things on your mind which are unresolved?

After the answers, I can maybe offer a few suggestions...

If your brain is in overactive mode and you are having conversations in your head for hours on end you could try a couple of things that work for me:

1. Imagine you are on a sun lounger under a shady tree after lunch where you had some nice fish and pink wine hmm, and/or

2. If you are a soap opera fan, try going over what happened in a show that evening. Like for example, Fizz called into the Kabin and said to Rita xxxx, then Peter Barlow was having a chat with x.

These may seem like bizarre things, but they are aimed to distract your brain from your thoughts.

Hope these help!

Night Nurse work for me where even prescription sleeping tablets didn't. Don't know how or why but it does :) Good luck.

Oh yes - I can vouch for Night Nurse as well.

It knocks me out cold for hours.

Try a whisky and a couple of paracetamols as a night cap :|

If you look at the contents of the NN it lists alcohol and paracetamol as main ingredients.

The hospitals issue patients with a tiny black pill that knocks the out - ask for a couple from your doctor.

Did you know staring at the computer screen or tv before you go to bed tricks your brain into thinking it's daylight and may inhibit sleep? The trick is not to do anything stimulating for an hour or so before you go to bed - perhaps music [not rock and roll :hihi:] or relaxation tapes could help.

Melatonin tablets.......

buy a flock of sheep and count them........ [sorry that was a last resort]

sais 1311 i quiet oftern wake in the night and can not get off again i have found this works

disc player and talking book switch on poss 10 min i have gone back to sleep

only problem i have to spend more time finding where i have fell asleep to continue with the story

Archived