Binge Eating Help

Hiya

I am wandering if anyone can help. I binge eat a fair bit, ie if there is a pack of biscuits, i will tend to eat the whole packet, one after another etc. Is there any tips for avoiding this? I am not massively overwieight - Im just over 6ft and about 16 stone.

Cheers

Do what i do, when you're food shopping and you find something that you have sudden craving for deliberately decide not to have it i usually think to myself oooh i wouldn't mind some of them but i deliberately just leave it at that and walk on safe in the knowledge that i could have it but i won't.

People look at me like i'm nuts when i tell them that but it's a power thing if i don't buy it i'm powerful if i do i'm weak, i think it's a test of moral fibre and it's important to show yourself that you have the power in your life and that you truly are in control of your actions.

Do what i do, when you're food shopping and you find something that you have sudden craving for deliberately decide not to have it i usually think to myself oooh i wouldn't mind some of them but i deliberately just leave it at that and walk on safe in the knowledge that i could have it but i won't.

People look at me like i'm nuts when i tell them that but it's a power thing if i don't buy it i'm powerful if i do i'm weak, i think it's a test of moral fibre and it's important to show yourself that you have the power in your life and that you truly are in control of your actions.

Next time your on that brink cliff you'll remember this and crumble! :hihi:

I'm 5'10". I've never been above 8 & a half stones, I've tried everything. I can eat 3 packets of biscuits some days, on top of loads of sugary drinks, etc.

I can binge eat with the best of them, but if I look at the BMI stats I'm a stone underweight.

This is a perfect example of how different people react to different food.

Like in this case, this poster can eat 3 packets of buscuits, and not put on any weight. I know of some people who only have to have a slice of chocolate cake and they pile on the pounds, and if these people don't 'train for england', the weight becomes an issue

So in many cases, the problem is genetic, and down to metabolism

Archived