Enough of the UK

Where will you go and why did you choose that desination?

France- I was born in Sheffield but raised over there. It's sort of "home" but more importantly France has the best healthcare system in the world. Bar none.

No waiting lists and top docs. Good food, not overcrowded, great scenery from north to south, the list goes on!

France- I was born in Sheffield but raised over there. It's sort of "home" but more importantly France has the best healthcare system in the world. Bar none.

No waiting lists and top docs. Good food, not overcrowded, great scenery from north to south, the list goes on!

Seen the news lately?

....As a kid I dreamt of coming back to the UK- I was born here but my parents moved to France. I finally came back here when I was 16, and lived with my grandparents for a while until I moved out.

11 years on and finally I've had enough. This country could be so much better but as it is it's a mess.

My biggest gripe is the NHS, GP's in particular.

I don't care what people say, the health service is a disgrace. The GP's don't have 5 minutes to talk to you, and are useless at diagnosing anything. Then we have the waiting lists etc etc.

After 11 years, my conclusions are:

The country is overcrowded. Massively. And too generous. Free this, free that. Which is why it's in a mess.

I love the UK- and am proud to be british but I can't help but wonder what's in store in the next decade.

as a trainee Dr in the Nhs I can say we share the frustration there is so much red tape it's unreal.

The UK has it loads better that many other countries you should remember that.

There is no quick fix to the problem we have a huge aging population to deal with. I would say around 80% of patients are oap's. We cannot just leave them to die now can we?

I contribute to a cancer forum and its a general agreement on there that cancer survival rates are much higher in France than the UK.

why not just return to france then?

importantly France has the best healthcare system in the world. Bar none.

Does that include the private sector?

If not, get a job and pay for it if it matters sooo much to you...

I don't care what people say, the health service is a disgrace. The GP's don't have 5 minutes to talk to you, and are useless at diagnosing anything. Then we have the waiting lists etc etc.

Archived