Talking Jennels here.

Texas

There's a jennel that runs at the back of the even numbered houses on Talbot Place and links on to Glencoe Rd. I used to ride my bike around it when I was a kid. I saw it last summer and it looked pretty grown over but still there. There was a wall around it with broken glass cemented into the top of it to stop kids from climbing over. The Alms Houses are on the other side.

And one running between the even numbers on Launce Road & the back of Southey Green School. We lived on Launce Rd and the kids used to come down the gennel to pinch the conkers off our tree!

I used this one. On the way to and from school, we used to nip over the fences to nick veggies out of the gardens. Rotten lot we were. I also remember there was a greenhouse in which they grew tomatoes, had never seen them grown outdoors before.

Do any of you Walkleyites remember the one that cut the corner off on Walkley Lane. Looking at Google Earth it looks like it's still there.

Used to be impossible to get up if there was snow on the ground.

Do any of you Walkleyites remember the one that cut the corner off on Walkley Lane...
Quite right - I'd forgotten that one. There's also a short gennel at the bottom of Walkley Lane, behind the old Hillsborough Baths - it comes out at the junction of Forbes Road and Langsett Road. And not far away there's Swamp Walk, beside the top entrance to the Barracks.

I used this one. On the way to and from school, we used to nip over the fences to nick veggies out of the gardens. Rotten lot we were. I also remember there was a greenhouse in which they grew tomatoes, had never seen them grown outdoors before.

I got flashed at by a flasher down there one night - Scary stuff!

Archived