Snow is Fantastic .. as it keeps Politics off the Forum

I was thinking that with all this snow, its been really nice not to see politics threads on the forum. I admit, i post the odd comment on them, but they have got boring with the same rhetoric being said from all sides.

Can we have a section dedicated to politics so it does not have to go in the general section?

ps: before anyone points out.....that was supposed to be "off" in the title.

Couldn't agree more. A politics section would be fabulous. Let those who want to discuss it go and argue themselves silly and leave everyone else to discuss, well, everything else.

The forum is incredibly top heavy at times with politics and religion related threads - which ultimately turn into race rants. A couple of forums I know won't allow these subjects to be kept in the same place as the other stuff because they acknowledge that people don't want it.

You could always post your idea in the suggestions section?

:)

Couldn't agree more. A politics section would be fabulous. Let those who want to discuss it go and argue themselves silly and leave everyone else to discuss, well, everything else.

The forum is incredibly top heavy at times with politics and religion related threads - which ultimately turn into race rants. A couple of forums I know won't allow these subjects to be kept in the same place as the other stuff because they acknowledge that people don't want it.

You could always post your idea in the suggestions section?

:)

surely the flaw in the plan is most things are affected by politics?

Surely if people don't want to discuss or read about "politics" they neednt click on any Politics threads.

Unfortunately, as llamatron says, most things are affected by politics one way or the other, from pubs shutting, councils not gritting roads, fat children, ferel youth, Rolf Harris or Red Subarus.

Surely if people don't want to discuss or read about "politics" they neednt click on any Politics threads.

Unfortunately, as llamatron says, most things are affected by politics one way or the other, from pubs shutting, councils not gritting roads, fat children, ferel youth, Rolf Harris or Red Subarus.

Indeed, if you look at Hitches profile you will see he has started several politics related threads. More like he doesn't want to be embarrassed with his association with the ConDems!

I agree.

Maybe if Hitch doesn't like people discussing serious issues, he could go on the "I'm bored" section. I think that is what it is there for! Mind you, looking at his previous threads I wonder why he has suddenly decided that he doesn't want politics discussed on the general forum? :confused:

Archived