Eckington-The town time forgot !

she gets paid a nice fat salary plus expenses for not doing a lot from what I can make of it and she has a job for life as well given that eck is a safe labour seat.

Then thats the fault of the voters of Eckington isnt it,they elected her again so they cant really complain can they.

I don't think Eckington folk are complaining and most will vote Labour till they die since the tories shut the pits and in doing so ripped the heart out of the place. I used to live there and still live nearby, a lot of folk still regard Thatcher to be a swear word.

Yes they are huge,and by definition both are towns

I suspect that legally they are both villages still.

The point at which a village becomes a town is difficult to determine, and is probably best defined by those who live there. However, since the Middle Ages the term 'town' has been a legal term that refers to the fact that the community has a borough charter. The situation is confused by the fact that there are many town-like suburban communities calling themselves villages (for example, Oxton Village in Birkenhead), as well as designed suburban 'villages' such as those built under the Garden Village Movement.

What a complete dump the town centre is ! It's almost as bad as Rotherham Town Centre but on a much smaller scale ! The local MP Natascha Engle should be ashamed of herself. Is'nt it the local MP's job to attract investment into their manor ? Mrs Engle has certainly failed to do so ! The whole town centre is pathetic and very sad. The best thing about Eckington centre is the road out !

What is wrong with Rotherham town centre?

Archived