What's more fuel efficient ?

We just put ours on when we need it as the house is well insulated and warms up quickly, I don't see how it can be cheaper to keep heating on all the time but then I'm not an expert! We have a solid fuel burner too so usually just use that in the evening :)

I leave mine on low all day as i have a baby (around 21 degrees), then turn it off at night. In these temperatures its supposed to be best to leave heating on to prevent frozen pipes.

Low?? Thats what I have it on high!! low for me is prob 15 degrees. Anything over 21 and I would pass out..

I have always left the heating on 24hrs as I never got time to set the timer, I also did a model study at Uni involving what was more efficient 24 hr or timed and the 24hr one showed to be more efficient. But it was obvious that 24hr was better if the house was occupied to keep a constant temp for the occupants. This year is the first year I have used the timer and the fuel bill was £279 cheaper, the kids slept better and I didn't fall asleep watching TV. So for me its going to be timer for the full year as that was only for 6 months, funny thing was British Gas have asked to raise my payment by £20 per month even though the previous one covered the gas used.

Living Room 21ºC

Bedroom 18ºC

Kitchen 18ºC

Bathroom 20ºC

Toilet 16ºC

Corridor 18ºC

Entrance Hall 14ºC

Low?? Thats what I have it on high!! low for me is prob 15 degrees. Anything over 21 and I would pass out..

We have just moved in so there are bits of carpet covering the living room, hallway and bedroom floors. We have a young baby so need to keep it warm. At the minute on this setting im still wearing a jumper, but little man is comfortable.

i have always wondered is on / off/ controlled/timed was cheaper but EBICO is more 'fuel efficient' ie cheaper for anyone who pays any gas bill

their gas is 3.9p per unit! for anyone, normal meter or prepayment, no mattter how you pay. ethical billing company -they do elec too, but its a more comparable price to other suppliers

google 'ebico' - they dont have shareholders, its a not for profit company and they have saved me a fortune. Our 3 bed semi costs £5 a week for elec and £5 a week for gas - perhaps £7 in winter - and we dont skimp on having heating on either. its been 'on' and controlled by thermostat for 15 days now - wish their was a smiles/emoticon for 'toasty warm'!!!

i dont work for them, i am just suprised more people dont know about them. pass it on. and save yourselves some pennies - we could all do with that

xgx

i have always wondered is on / off/ controlled/timed was cheaper but EBICO is more 'fuel efficient' ie cheaper for anyone who pays any gas bill

their gas is 3.9p per unit! for anyone, normal meter or prepayment, no mattter how you pay. ethical billing company -they do elec too, but its a more comparable price to other suppliers

google 'ebico' - they dont have shareholders, its a not for profit company and they have saved me a fortune. Our 3 bed semi costs £5 a week for elec and £5 a week for gas - perhaps £7 in winter - and we dont skimp on having heating on either. its been 'on' and controlled by thermostat for 15 days now - wish their was a smiles/emoticon for 'toasty warm'!!!

i dont work for them, i am just suprised more people dont know about them. pass it on. and save yourselves some pennies - we could all do with that

xgx

Hmm sounds like a great company??

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=93798

Archived